Re: HTC Passion
rdub

I was wondering if anyone knows anything yet too??  I've been looking all over the internet and can't find anything new.  It makes me think that it won't be a mid December release and will probably be pretty far into Janurary of 2010 if at all...

Not sure I if I should wait for this guy to maybe come or get one of the ones out now...

0 Likes
kev033

rdub wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows anything yet too??  I've been looking all over the internet and can't find anything new.  It makes me think that it won't be a mid December release and will probably be pretty far into Janurary of 2010 if at all...

Not sure I if I should wait for this guy to maybe come or get one of the ones out now...

Some posts over the last 24 hours have not given much of a clue.  The Koreans are saying it not due out until Q1 2010 but they also said a month ago that a bunch had been shipped out of HTC factories. A couple credible sources here seem to know more about it and said its planned before the end of this year.  I have to wonder if the HD2 camera problem will have an impact on any Passion/Dragon release?? 

0 Likes
nypr718

Well, I just talked to a VZW rep and he informed me that all the lastest and greatest phones that have officially been announced for the end of Q4 are done.  So any new phones will not be debuted for another 3 months of so.  Not sure if this is just part of their "keep you lips sealed" protocol, but if it is true, then we won't see the Passion until January or so :smileysad:...I'm still going to hold out some hope and see if anything changes :smileywink:

0 Likes
tanks4nuthn

^ Yeah, we all know how knowledgable and helpfull the reps are!!!!!!!

They know what's coming when it plops in their hands 10 minutes before releasing to customers.

Just don't worry about what's coming out, "buy this droid. or have you seen the latest blackberries we have?"

0 Likes
surgey
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL, couldn't be any closer the the truth.

I asked the local verizon rep about the omnia 2 launch, even though it's all over the internet and confirmed for december 2nd, they still have no clue about the device, and tried to sell me the Imagio.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the HTC Passion than the Omnia 2.

But I am so sick of playing the waiting game -- I did it with the omnia 2 for almost 6 months, and we all know how accurate those stupid rumors were on all the news sites.

There are a few sites that confirm the Passion is supposed to launch before christmas, but now sites are saying January 2010.

I think I'm going to just screw the waiting and get the Omnia 2 when it comes out, or maybe wait a week after it comes out.

Then if the passion comes out within 30 days, I will do an exchange.

If I miss the 30 day deadline -- oh well.

I'm sure I will be very happy with the Omnia 2 regardless.

If anyone has any other newer news about the passion, please let us (me :smileytongue:) know!

Thanks!

0 Likes
catinhat00

I was also in a Verizon store last night and the sales rep had no clue what i was talking about.  He was really pushing the Droid, not so much the Eris.

0 Likes
royalglass

found this posted today. its a step in the right direction i think.

http://www.i4u.com/article28792.html

0 Likes
kev033

royalglass wrote:

found this posted today. its a step in the right direction i think.

http://www.i4u.com/article28792.html

All I get when I bring up www.htcpassion.com is a white screen, no verizon logo or anything but blank.  Am I missing something here?
0 Likes
Iowagriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The folks at androidforums.com are saying that the HTCPassion.com site is likely a fraud.

0 Likes
royalglass

im hopin its true, im holdin out for this phone either way, i just hope its sooner than later.

0 Likes