HTC Incredible - removing unlock code ...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Some how, during my startup process, I was prompted to enter an "unlock" code.  When I set up my wife's phone, I received no such prompt.  When I look at the security settings on her phone, there is an option to require an "unlock" code.  I don't seem to have any such setting.  I want to remove the "unlock" code from my phone ... Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Terry.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Incredible - removing unlock code ...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, this is the unlock password that you are forced to set up when you connect your phone to an Exchange server.  I found this out by doing some additional research on the web.  The solution turns out to be an app that you can download called "lockpicker."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, this is the unlock password that you are forced to set up when you connect your phone to an Exchange server.  I found this out by doing some additional research on the web.  The solution turns out to be an app that you can download called "lockpicker."

0 Likes
osochon

Awesome, it worked for me.  Thanks

0 Likes
priscilla

HTC - Incredible:

I set up the secret "unlock pattern" under Menu>Security>require pattern.  NOW, I would like to turn that option "off" when I am at home, etc.   Is this the same problem you are having?  I got it turned off once but don' t know how I did it.  Can't find option again and when phone times out, I am required to enter pattern again.  Getting OLD!!!!!  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!!! 

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Priscilla, try these steps.

1. Go to Settings

2. Locations and Security

3. Uncheck Required Pattern

4. Enter your current Pattern and that will disable the Security Pattern.

0 Likes
JKoslowski

I was testing the security policies on our exchange server and enabled them and found that it made my Device put in a password instead of accepting that I had an unlock pattern setup.  So I set my policy back to not requiring a password.  Now, It always asks for my password instead of my unlock pattern.  There is no Option in the security area of my settings to uncheck unlock code.

I am able to get around it using the lockpicker but shouldn't there be a way that I can turn off the unlock code and just go back to using my unlock pattern?

0 Likes