HTC Incredible & Google Calendars ...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

My wife and I each have a personal Google calendar.  In addition, we have a family calendar that is shared out to both of us.  Also, there is a USA Holidays calendar and a calendar with upcoming church events.

My wife has a total of 5 calendars linked to her gmail account, and I have 4.  When I look event items on my wife's incredible, all of them have a color bar that closely approximates the color she assigned the calendars on her Google account.  On my incredible however, two of the calendars have the same color bar (red) even though they have different colors in my Google account.  

I have tried removing the two calendars, re syncing the phone without them, adding the calendars back to my Google account and then re-syncing the phone again.  Same problem.

I have done all that I can think of to do except removing my google account from the phone altogether ... I am reluctant to do that as all my contacts are in my gmail account.

Has anyone seen this?  Got any ideas?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Incredible & Google Calendars ...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

This issue was resolved after I installed the Froyo 2.2 upgrade.  Now, all my calendar colors are as they should be!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I didn't think this one would be easy ...

0 Likes
jkatthespa

I have the same question. If you have figured out the answer, please post it. It is very frustrating that the events for each of my calendars all show the red bar. How handy it would be to designate the color for each calendar.

0 Likes
jkatthespa

HA!!! I just went in to my Google calendar an reselected the colors for my different calendars. When I looked at my phone, the colors had changed. I have been trying to find the place on my phone that would fix the problem, and there it was on Google calendar. Thanks. When you mentioned that your wife's colors coordinated with her Google calendar, that gave me the clue that the answer might be on Google and not the phone. It was the red that was throwing me. None of my Google calendars use red. I thought the colors must be independent. Whoot. My problem is solved. I hope yours gets worked out too.

0 Likes
ted1735

http://www.appbrain.com/app/jp.co.johospace.jorte

I do exactly what you are requesting to do already with my wife and I. Use this app it is amazing!!!!

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

jkatthespa wrote:

HA!!! I just went in to my Google calendar an reselected the colors for my different calendars. When I looked at my phone, the colors had changed. I have been trying to find the place on my phone that would fix the problem, and there it was on Google calendar. Thanks. When you mentioned that your wife's colors coordinated with her Google calendar, that gave me the clue that the answer might be on Google and not the phone. It was the red that was throwing me. None of my Google calendars use red. I thought the colors must be independent. Whoot. My problem is solved. I hope yours gets worked out too.

For some reason, this does not work for me ... but only for one of the calendars.  All of the others are the colors that I selected on Google.  The calendar that I am having trouble with is the US Holidays calendar.  I tried setting it to blue and I tried setting it to green, but it still appears as red.  I have another family calendar that is assigned the red color, but if I change it, it still remains red on my phone.  So, I guess that I really have two calendars that are red and I cannot change their color.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

This issue was resolved after I installed the Froyo 2.2 upgrade.  Now, all my calendar colors are as they should be!

0 Likes