HELP!
Raebabyy

So, today I was texting a friend and a little message popped up [ like the ones when apps are being killed by the task killer app] [which i no longer use btw] and it said " Inbox staring started" and I was like {word filter avoidance}? What does that even mean?!? I'd never seen/heard about it before and I figured it was NO GOOD! So I googled it! and nothing came up :[ anywho, about an hour later I was sitting in the vet office reading through my BBC News APP waiting and such and this weird emblem pops up at the top like near the 3G arrors are, and it looked like a head phone set but one side was flashing, I had no idea what it was so I cut my phone off, just in case! I waited about ten minutes and I tried to turn my phone back on... it ran through the boot up video where its like HTC quietly brilliant and then the droid with the words and numbers and such, but it kept doing it over and over and over again, for over an hour! I just let it be and checked on it about an hour later and it finally booted up! BUT i lost all my contacts! Which is no biggie, I was just going to sync with facebook to get them back... BUT it wont let me! I cant sync with anything, facebook email news twitter, nothing will sync! I figured it was I had no signal/3G/wifi what not but I went to the spot where I normally go in my house where I def have signal and such and have synced there when I first got the phone. And it still did not work... Also NONE of my apps work.. The only ones that work are the ones that came preset with the phone, Facebook Gmail and such those apps work but ones I have downloaded do not! I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and no luck! My Boyfriend has a Moto Droid so I asked if his FML app was working he said yes I tried to open mine auto-force close, I tried a sliding puzzle game, worked on his.. mine FORCE CLOSE, and such we tried with about ten apps, all opened with his, but not with mine...

I'm going to go to verizon, eventually. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? Knows whats going on?

Save me a trip to verizon and about 45 minutes of waiting, and not so nice customer serivice people.

Any help/info is appreiciated!

0 Likes
Re: HELP!
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Did you do a battery pull? Completely uninstall the task killer?
0 Likes
Raebabyy

Yes, I completely uninstalled taskkiller awhile ago! 

& yes I did a battery pull.

it didnt help :[[

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
What apps have you installed recently? If they aren't too important I'd remove the last few apps installed all the way till just before you had problems. Sounds like you may have an app error going on.
Reboot, and test for errors. Slowly install apps again to catch the problem one, rebooting each time.
And double check all your apps to make sure they're all updated. I know some friends that had phone problems like that and upon checking I realized they had 50 apps that were outdated. Anything like that?
I still think you have a bad app, or app install.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Don't like how I phrased that.
Retry....
Uninstall apps that have been installed from now, all the way back to before you had issues.
Reboot.
Check for errors by installing one app at a time to catch the bad one.
Check for apps that need updating first.
0 Likes