HELP! Why can't I delete my browsing history? Why can't I download items?
drewie00

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Beginning about two days ago, I began experiencing a problem where my attempts at downloading pictures off of the browser (i.e., save image---> download) have continuously been failing.  When I'd look at the notification bar, instead of seeing the % of download increasing and achieving success, the notification bar would just show moving diagonal lines and I would then get the message "download failed."

I spoke with support yesterday and tried numerous things, except for a full reset (as I don't want to lose things that can't be restored --- e.g., bookmarks, text chains, etc., at least until I have a chance to find an alternate means of transferring, saving elsewhere, documenting, etc.).

Coincidentally, I have been trying to delete my browsing history to no avail.  I get the following message:  "The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

My thought is that maybe I downloaded an app or went on a website that passed on some type of virus that is causing these issues.

Can anyone help??

Thanks!! 

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Why can't I delete my browsing history? Why can't I download items?
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

A factory reset may be the easiest solution to the problems you are having. there are a few apps that will back up your contacts, call logs, bookmarks, etc.. a starting point would be to search the market(play store) for "SMS Backup & Restore", that will create a backup of your entire text inbox, picture messages, everything. there is also a "Call Log Backup & Restore" and "Bookmark Sort & Backup". those three apps will cover most of what you mentioned. as for apps, you can use "App Backup & Restore", it will grab all the installers for your apps to make for a quick restoration of your phone, but it doesn't grab content and settings.

have you downloaded any apps on your phone that are designed to make modifications to your browser?

0 Likes
drewie00

Thanks for the guidance. I will have to follow up with your suggestions and see what happens.

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

Keep me posted

0 Likes
drewie00

Will do. At work and no ability to address comprehensively right now.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes