Got a versa not too long ago, really wanting a droid now.
Yay4MooCows

So I got my LG Versa a little while back, not knowing that the droid was coming out. I was on AT&T but they have no 3G network where I live, so I switched to Verizon. Sure, the versa is a great phone but after using it for a while it doesn't have all the features that I truly want. I want the droid REALLY badly, but unfortunately I am almost 60 days into my 2 year plan. Is there ANY WAY I could get the droid at activation price? Or am I going to have to shell out $600? I am probably going to have to wait until my plan is up two years from now to get the phone I REALLY want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

*crosses fingers*

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Got a versa not too long ago, really wanting a droid now.
Iowagriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add a line for $9.99 a month (I think that's the price), then swap numbers between phones so your old number is on the droid.  Still amounts to an extra $120 a yr, but cheaper than buying the droid for full retail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
one1speed

I wonder if there's a way you could break your contract and start over? Sell your current phone online?

Or leave Verizon and do a deal where you pay for your minutes, no contract, then sign back up with Verizon after 30 days, or some such.

I just throwing out ideas, haven't every actually looked into this.

0 Likes
Iowagriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add a line for $9.99 a month (I think that's the price), then swap numbers between phones so your old number is on the droid.  Still amounts to an extra $120 a yr, but cheaper than buying the droid for full retail.

0 Likes
Yay4MooCows

That's a great idea. My mom was looking at getting a new phone anyways so she could just take my phone and I could have the droid. So long as I would still be paying the activation price for the droid instead of the full price, I think that might work. I will talk to Best Buy about it today, and see if I can get that going. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Yay4MooCows

Thanks man, i added my mom on my phone plan today, she wanted a new phone and thought it was a great idea. Now she has my phone, and I have my beloved Droid. *hugs it* thanks!

0 Likes