Gmail push not working.....
Bandit390

My gmail push is not working. I went and cleared gmail/gmail storage data and cache, powercycled. Still not working. What else?

0 Likes
Re: Gmail push not working.....
droid-x-addict

I would try going into account settings on your droid and making sure that you account is set to puch and then check and see how often it updates. If that doesnt work or you have already tried that. Go onto your computer and try the same thing on you actual computers account in gmail.

0 Likes
fbevansut

I am having the same problems with gmail and spend 6 hours on the phone with verizon to fix it but they could not figure it out

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Try this, go to Settings > Accounts & Sync and turn ON Auto-sync. Make sure that the Google-app has a green refresh-icon next to it.  Let me know of this works for you!

0 Likes
Bandit390

sHaY_j wrote:

Try this, go to Settings > Accounts & Sync and turn ON Auto-sync. Make sure that the Google-app has a green refresh-icon next to it.  Let me know of this works for you!

There is no auto sync.

There is settings > account > google/gmail account > sync gmail.

The sync gmail option looks to be nothing more than a manual one time thing and doesn't continue syncing or work after that..

0 Likes
Bandit390

Alright I think I got it now. This route...

bring up gmail > menu key > accounts > menu key > account settings > auto sync option.

It was turned off and just turned it on, so should be working now. Thanks.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

You're welcome!

0 Likes
felickz

IM having the same issue with Droid X 2.2, and Gmail.

It appears with the latest OS update the last settings screen you described has changed... any further tips?

0 Likes
felickz

WIth Android 2.2 and  Gmail v2.3 it is not:

bring up gmail > menu key > accounts > menu key > account settings > auto sync option.

Now it takes you to "DataManger"

So doing the following :::  bring up gmail > menu key > accounts > menu key > account settings

Data Manager > Data Delivery > (Application data delivery) Email and Corporate Sync > Email delivery > Data Push (CHECKED)

Data Manager > Data Delivery > (Application data delivery) Email and Corporate Sync > Background data (CHECKED)

Data Manager > Data Delivery > (Application data delivery) Email and Corporate Sync > Data enabled(CHECKED)

Data Manager > Data Delivery > (Application data delivery) Email and Corporate Sync > Data Roaming (unchecked)

Is there anything i need to configure on gmail.com to support this??

0 Likes
felickz

I factory reset my phone and only added my gmail account and magically the " Email and Corporate Sync" option is grayed out.

Also, the google account now has green checkboxes next to Mail,Contacts, and Calendar selections, before there was no checkbox even on the screen. 

Push now works for me.

0 Likes