Gingerbread update fails on HTC Incredible
felixj

I received notification of the update this morning. It appears to have downloaded successfully. I followed the prompts to install the update, but during the reboot and installation, I got the orange error symbol about 30% of the way through. I did a batter pull, which resulted in a successful reboot, but no update.

The phone is stock, and it doesn't contain any apps or settings that I've seen as interfering with installation.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread update fails on HTC Incredible
Wildman
Legend
More information on what the orange error said may help...
0 Likes
felixj

Thanks. It was just an orange cautiog sign - no text. If there are logs associated with it, I don't know where they are, but if someone can advise, I'll grab them and provide more info.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What kind of signal did you have when you done the update, was battery fully charged if so pull the battery while the phone is on an hold down the power button for a few seconds an then reinstall it turn it back on do a *228 then 1 when thats finish try doing the update again. if sticks on ya again take it to the store an let them do a Flash an then try the update agian.   Hopefully it'll go thru for ya Let us no how it turned out.

Wildman the power up on my inc. is Smoken ((( fast !! i like it  :smileywink:  B33

0 Likes
felixj

Thanks for the input. I haven't gotten another prompt about the update. I'll let you know if anything ineresting happens..

0 Likes
jmancil1972
Felix, try going to menu,settings about phone,system updates...you may be able to do it from there. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the information provided. 

felixj, were you able to update your device? Please ensure that your battery is fully charged prior to the update. Additionally, I recommend to clear the cache, history and perform a soft reset by removing the battery prior to updating the software. Go to Internet > Menu > More > Settings > Clear Cache > Clear history > Clear all cookies > Clear Form data then perform a soft reset by removing the battery. 

For additional information regarding the software update, click on the link below:

Software update

Thank you, 

0 Likes
leemrw

I received the update notification and everything proceeded as described in the PDF until the update reported I didn't have enough space in system memory to complete the process.  It left me in the Application Management app.  I dumped some data and moved some apps to SD but now I have not way to resume the update.

I performed a soft reset with the battery pull.  The PDF does not cover this scenario.  

What should I do now?

0 Likes
Not applicable

leemrw wrote:

I received the update notification and everything proceeded as described in the PDF until the update reported I didn't have enough space in system memory to complete the process.  It left me in the Application Management app.  I dumped some data and moved some apps to SD but now I have not way to resume the update.

I performed a soft reset with the battery pull.  The PDF does not cover this scenario.  

What should I do now?

Thanks to the community.  I can understanding the update process has been difficult. The next step I would take would be to do a master reset. Once you reset the phone it will prompt you to install the update.  The steps to performa master reset are as follows:

1. From the home screen, touch Menu
  2. Touch Settings 
  3. Touch SD& phone storage
  4. Touch Factory data reset
  5. Tap Reset phone or Reset phone & internal storage
  6. Tap Erase everything

I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes