Re: Gingerbread for HTC Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
T-Mobile 4G = HSPA+

HSPA+ is not the same technology as LTE

Verizon's DROID Bionic when it is released will have Gingerbread on board. At least that's what the rumors are saying.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
T-Mobile 4G = HSPA+

HSPA+ is not the same technology as LTE

Verizon's DROID Bionic when it is released will have Gingerbread on board. At least that's what the rumors are saying.

Correct HSPA+ is actually 3G with firmware upgrades for the most part.  Most people actually dub it 3.5G and their latest updates are considered 3.75G.  Marketing guys call it 4G because it's "faster" than traditional 3G.

0 Likes
Another_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read that there is a leaked Gingerbread update for the ThunderBolt. If true, we are getting closer to an official update, right?

A bit off topic, but I'd rather see 4G in my home area. I saw 4G in the Greencastle, PA / Hagerstown, MD area at the beginning of Aug. Testing I guess. Best scenario is both 4G and GB update.:smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There is a number of leaks and on how fast they are coming a official release is close...   Also I can say LTE is superiour over ATT, Sprint and Tmobile... 

I have speed test all and Verizon is doing good right now but I still hoping the speeds wont change once more users get onto the LTE network..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
From HTC's twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/htc/status/108978225966891008
Good news! A Gingerbread update for both DROID Incredible and ThunderBolt are coming in September. Thanks for your support!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Five bucks (or kudos in this case on the community) says that the Gingerbread update will released on the last day of September.

For clarity, I'm not really taking or making a bet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:
Five bucks (or kudos in this case on the community) says that the Gingerbread update will released on the last day of September.

For clarity, I'm not really taking or making a bet.

Havent you been paying atention?? If the trend Continues the Update will come out on Oct 1st only to be stoped because of problems. Then another long list of Rumers that it will come out befor the end of Q3 and when November 1st hits they will anounce that GB will come out befor the end of Q4:smileyhappy: Wash Rinse Repeat....

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

The $64,000.00 question.

Will the Thunderbolt even see Ice Cream?

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

The $64,000.00 question.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

The $64,000.00 question.

mine will. i suspect they all will. if they can bring GB to the incredible a year and a half after it launched (assuming the tweet was true), the it looks good for the next version of android to come to the tbolt.

0 Likes