Re: Gingerbread for HTC Thunderbolt
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most peopel just want GB because They are hoping it fix the conectivity propblems soem have reported 9Althou Alot of that may have to do with wher you live and not the phone) Most are also asuming GB will improve the battery life wich it might help but most people need to face facts and get a biger battery as well to see any real improvement. Skyp and Video Chat is a big deal to many curently for most T-Bolt useres Skype will not work with out GB and most do nto want to do that thing we can not speek of hear to make it work, A few have said they have a working version of Skyp with out..... (Well You Know)  I personaly have yet to find a way to do it. Lastly as T-bolt owners we wher promised that we woudl be the first to get GB in the LTE line (Althou they never actualy SAID this it was implied for the most part wich is important to keep in mind) Personaly I think most are starting to get concerned that the T-bolt and all it's bug will simply be forgoten about because it has happend to other phones in the past. I perosnaly dont' think that will happen we will get our Update when it is ready. To be honest after dealing witht he reboots 9Wich I did not have as severly as most seemed to have) Im will to wait for now and let them get it right althou Ill admit I am eager for the update. All we can realy do is wait and thats all HTC and VZW are going to tell us untill there ready to send it out... As it stand none of the 4G LTE phoens have GB so realy Im not woried about it just yet.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
I'm pretty p.o'd with Verizon's claims of improved data connection and the empirical results of both mr1 and mr2 updates. While mr1 was terrible and resulted in countless complaints of constant reboots, mr2 caused my bolt to drop data connection(secretly) since it updated my phone and this connectivity issue isn't on my phone exclusively. I use my phone in what Verizon map shows as a strong 4G signal area(so much for the where its used theory) and always have used it there. It's their software that's the problem not early life failure of hardware. And their regression testing leaves a lot to be wanted( if done correctly, old bugs should NEVER show up in subsequent patches ... Eg: messaging bug)
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have determined that it makes no difference what happens because if this forum continue its normal pattern it wont matter if Gingerbread gets released or not because with the talk of Ice Cream you will see complaints in less than two days on why the TB wont be getting that update....  This is a pointless on going situation that wont ever end..

0 Likes
egroegor

there is skype app out there on the net you and install and use it works great i have used it until i got the latest 1.70 firmware that killed the app im sure skype ask verizon to kill the app in there lastist ota update that came out in end of july the leak skype app has been out since end of april skype is one that is delaying the app to use video calling its really funny that the iphone and other phones from sprinted are supported video calling with skype but not one phone from vezion has the skype video calling i was nice using the leak skype app when i got to see my sister kids on skype at special functions and yes she has iphone i guess it sucks to be a verizon network the last to get the good apps and company that only wants to push apps you can not delete and you wish not to use and can get the same apps on the market under verizon and there latest thing is now to put in there numbers permant into your phone i guess the the **bleep** that call them self ceo have there head so far stuck up there behind they will never see daylight

0 Likes
ghamden

Your right devs are already prepping for Ice cream and in the dev community rumors are that GB has issues with 4g so htc is working on ice cream for verizons 4g phones.

I said the this before the people want ing GB think the 3.0 sense interface is gb its not GB will not look to much different than  froyo.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ghamden wrote:

Your right devs are already prepping for Ice cream and in the dev community rumors are that GB has issues with 4g so htc is working on ice cream for verizons 4g phones.

I said the this before the people want ing GB think the 3.0 sense interface is gb its not GB will not look to much different than  froyo.

maybe....but i still think most people that want GB really just want some of the apps to work on their phone....like skype. the tbolt FIANLLY got netflix. i suspect that if it got skype, a lot of people wouldn't care so much about GB. we bought a phone that we assumed could video call. i think most people just want that feature. i knew skype wasn't on it when i bought it, but i definitely didn't think that 5 months later it STILL wouldn't be available. it's august and before you know it, it will be fall and the bionic, ip5, new samsung, and a new htc will roll out. i suspect that what very little support the tbolt has recieved will just about be done once those devices are out. 

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Could be wrong but I beleve the Droid 3 that is runing GB and has a frunt facing camera can run SKYP videos, along with a few others... I belev all of the 4G LTE phoens can not thou and the more I think about it coudl this be a way for VZW to hold back data usage from thouse of us that woudl obviosly increese our usage with SKYP working and still being on an unlimited data plan??

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think any of the phones on GB (inc2, X2, droid3) can video skype......that's why people want GB.

0 Likes
prowley40
0 Likes
Ambushbug

I certainly thing one of the biggest advantages of getting GB will be video Skype support, but I don't think that's why most people want GB. I think most people want GB because they have got caught up in the hysteria and hearing people talk about it. I can't tell you how many people I've seen demanding it and when I ask what they are looking forward to it for or what has them so upset about not having it yet they really don't know...lol.

0 Likes