Gingerbread Update from Turkey
Dex

I have droid incredible 2. i have 2.2.1 version on it and i am using GSM here in Turkey. I use Turkcell not verizons gsm. Because i will live here for a while. Actually i have verizon gms card too but when i put that in my phone it is saying no service. I am trying to update my system. I need help. 

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update from Turkey
Initech_milton
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am just curious how you got Incredible 2 to work with a Turkcell SIM card. Did you purchase your phone from Verizon in the U.S.? I am under the impression that even though Incredible 2 is a "global" phone, it is locked and can only use Verizon SIM card.

By the way, you won't miss much without Gingerbread. I updated to it only to find out it messed up the alarm clock.

0 Likes
Dex

I purchase it from Verizon in U.S. And yes if you not do anything it is locked :smileyhappy: 

I call Verizon and ask unlock code to use another sim card. They give me a code for unlock. And i input the code in settings, security menu. there is a option Disable SIM card lock. if you input the code Verizon gave you, it will be unlocked.

But i guess now i cant use Verizon sim card. And i dont know how to upgrade my system :smileyhappy:

is there no link to download the system file or is there any file like installer or something? Why we cant download from computer then we can upload that file through the usb cable? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Dex wrote:

I have droid incredible 2. i have 2.2.1 version on it and i am using GSM here in Turkey. I use Turkcell not Verizon's GSM. Because i will live here for a while. Actually i have Verizon GSM card too but when i put that in my phone it is saying no service. I am trying to update my system. I need help. 

Dex,

Hi there!  

Software updates cannot be done while outside of the Verizon Wireless domestic coverage area. When you are roaming with our SIM card or using the Turkcell SIM card, our network is not being directly involved with any connections to the phone and therefore cannot communication the update properly.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Dex

Can i update my system by manual?

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Connect it to WiFi on a broadband connection.

Surf the internet through the WiFi and tell it to sync (or wait).

You will be prompted to download the update.

Any updates while using a foriegn SIM card or roaming require WiFi connection (regular internet).

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

You can use the Verizon SIM card, it just requires activation of international roaming of your US CDMA MEID + GSM SIM Card serial # value (the 89 value).

Of course then you're paying VZW roaming fees.

If the US account is still active why do that when you can go local!?

0 Likes