Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
huskerseth

i am about ready to pull my hair out!! i have tried everything listed on this forum many different time.  I just did a factory reset and i still can not get any of the updates to show up.  i am still stuck on 3.26.  any one have any new ideas how to get the updates to show?  {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

@incredible4me: did you manualy install 4.06? {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

0 Likes
peakcomp

I did a factory reset, and the update took fine.  

K

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3
@incredible4me like huskerseth I have tried everything but the update does not show for me. I'm still stuck on 3.26. Canyou share the pm'ed info with me too?
0 Likes
ShoalsRebel

Well, I bit the bullet this morning. I uninstalled a bunch of apps to make sure I had room for the update (4.8) and accepted the install. It went flawlessly. Right now I'm reinstalling my apps.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, so the jury is still out as to whether it is a good decision.

I plan to get a larger SD card. Mine is ony 2G so I'll need more room since I moved so much to it to make room.

0 Likes
webadass

I got the update last week. Does anyone come across the issue of delayed call pickup?

When I get a call, I pick it up, there is probably a 2 second delay before the mic goes full duplex. Meaning I can't hear the other end and the other end can't hear me for the initial 2 seconds.

This is driving me nuts. Any idea?

0 Likes
newdb79

I am still on the 4.06 update but my DINC does the exact same thing. Not sure what heck is going on with these OTA updates but I hope they get this fixed ASAP!!!

0 Likes
peakcomp
I have had the delay in call pickup since I owned the device. I would say its gotten worse since gingerbread tho
0 Likes
incredible4me

I have a fix for those of us who are stuck but I 'm not allowed to talk about it, or my post will get deleted, according to the terms of this site we are not allowed to talk about mod actions on these threads, and I can't talk about my fix even tho it does not involve rooting or hacking, yet I'm told it is.

For those of you that are stuck, search android central for manual update to 4.06.

I hope this post does not get deleted, as all I did was dicsuss the terms of the board and not any mod actions.

I'm so happy that this board has no answers and they quiet those of us that do have answers.

0 Likes
webadass

this was NOT an issue for me before the update. this is crazy.

0 Likes
peakcomp

I have a friend who has the Incredible...and hasn't even updated to GB yet...and, he is constantly complaining about the laggy call connect.  It's weird.  I can actually hear it kick in after answering..

Hello, Hello?  lol

K

0 Likes