Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
gethrwoe

So, here's a question.   I have 4.06 which crapped up my phone and I'm not being offered 4.08 yet.  Since my bill is ~$177.00/month, is Verizon going to credit me ~$5.75 per day until they get it fixed???  Email isn't working b/c my space is low, I can't get to my pictures, my apps or anything else on my SD card, and whatever else that isn't working besides bluetooth and the text message while I'm on a call thing, which I haven't cared enough about to try and figure out.

@dalite - I like punishment too - think I'll call and ask about the credit to my bill

I did do the temporary fix I read about here: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/409767-problem-solution-after-gb-update-missing-apps-a..., but as it suggests, every time I reboot the phone, I have to go through these steps again.  Argh.  And apparently, it's not new!

@huskerseth - thanks for the date tip, I may try that just to see if I get 4.08

Does anyone have an update on when we might see 4.08?  And I wonder, will it even fix these issues?

0 Likes
huskerseth

@incredible4me, I have not seen the update come through yet, I am hoping it is b/c I am at work with spotty coverage. 

the HTC Tech did not differentiate between the 4.06 and 4.08 updates.  I am still waiting on both. 

0 Likes
peakcomp

So...I followed the instructions from a previous poster about turning off background data, and setting the date/time to something with 3 in it...and poof..I had the update..  The .2 version that is 8.6 MB...

Before when I had the update, it tried to install and cancelled because I "didn't have enough space"...NOW, it downloads but says it is rebooting the phone in ten seconds, but DOESN'T! 

I called HTC today, they took a report and someone will be contacting me shortly.  They said this is a new problem they aren't aware of.  

Of course, they told me to do a factory reset...but, truly..I didn't!  lol

K

0 Likes
incredible4me

@huskerseth, Could you please let me know, I just got off the phone with htc and they are not helpful at all, they told me to contact vz, cause its being pushed out by vz.

I'm getting so many different responses I'm about to just take a hammer to the phone, I'm about tired of this nonsense, vz tells me to go to htc and htc tells me to go to vz.

I think this will be my last htc phone and I'm about done with vz's sorry arse, look at this forum, there is not one response from vz themselves. 

meanwhile I updated teh GF's phone on the 14th to 4.06 and last night to 4.08 with no problems, yet I'm not getting crap. 

0 Likes
peakcomp

Well, you could call HTC back and tell them that I just had an 'escalation report" taken...and they are supposed to call me back...

They took all my info, and ESN # of my phone.  The lady on the phone didn't have any technical experience tho...but, said it isn't on their known issues list for this update.

Verizon won't talk to me, they transfer to HTC immediately.  

K

0 Likes
incredible4me

@peakcomp, call htc back and you will get a different response each time, I called twice today so far, first person told me they know about it and that the the update will be released in the next 72 hours, I asked her if they pulled it after the first release she said no, she said 4.08 will be released within the next 72 hours, I told her I don't have that one I'm looking for 4.06 first, she said it does not matter, the new 4.08 has the 4.06 in it.  At this point I realized I'm talking to somebody who has no idea what she is talking about, I kindly thanked her for her time and hung up, didn't want to rude tho I really wanted to tell her what I think about htc and vz at this point.

so hung up with her and called back, got a different lady, she told me opposite of what the first person told me, she said htc is not releasing anything its vz that is doing it and I should talk to them, she said she has no info on any updates period and that I have to talk to vz, she said it has nothing to do with htc.

my next phone purchase and carrier is not gonna have anything to do with htc and vz, this is how they want to treat us that is fine, we will take our business some place else.

Don't even get me started with the vz, tech, 4 hours and all he did was surf the net and tell me things I already saw on the htc and  centeral forums, heck I had to tell him about the *#*#checkin#*#* thing, in short the vz tech knew less then I did and was zero help, after 4 hours of checking teh net and telling me stuff I know I was told to contact htc. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

incredible4me wrote:

@huskerseth, Could you please let me know, I just got off the phone with htc and they are not helpful at all, they told me to contact vz, cause its being pushed out by vz.

I'm getting so many different responses I'm about to just take a hammer to the phone, I'm about tired of this nonsense, vz tells me to go to htc and htc tells me to go to vz.

I think this will be my last htc phone and I'm about done with vz's sorry arse, look at this forum, there is not one response from vz themselves. 

meanwhile I updated teh GF's phone on the 14th to 4.06 and last night to 4.08 with no problems, yet I'm not getting crap. 

Read My Post! G.B. update... An as off 7:00 am this Morning the update was still being Pushed out. B33

0 Likes
incredible4me

@B33, I read your post, I'm not getting any updates period. I'm still waiting on 4.06 **bleep** it.

If you expect me to do a factory reset you can forget it, I can't lose all my stuff, nor did I have to do that for my  GF's phone to update, plus I keep my phone clean and tidy, fr has nothing to offer me as far as maintanace and my phone running better.

0 Likes
peakcomp
Go set your date to 11/23/11. Then set time to 12:23 pm. Then go and turn off background data. Then go to check for updates..mine usually didn't say I had one...get out of check for updates....go back in and mine was always downloading.

Make sure u stay at 12:23 pm. Lol
0 Likes
incredible4me

@peakcomp, I have tried setting the date back or ahead and etc but have not tried exactly what you said, so I'm gonna go and do everything you said exaclty, let you know, thanks for the helpm, its much appreciated. 

ok boss background data is off, date is 11/23/11, time is 12:23, check for update, said I'm upto date, went out and went back in and still says I'm upto date with 2.2. 

0 Likes