Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
peakcomp

So, both myself and my boyfriend received the update fix file..not Gingerbread..but the 9 MB file or whatever to fix our problems with Gingerbread...

Both him and I downloaded it and started to install it at the same time...his worked fine.  Mine attempted to install it, then reset and came back to the main desktop and shows a notification that the update couldn't be applied because there isn't enough 'room' on my phone for the 9 MB file?!?!  

I have 200+ MB on the phone available and many GB on the SD card available.  

Question is now, HOW DO I GET THE UPDATE AGAIN?  The notification is gone, and my phone shows 'up to date"...

I have tried the checkin process many times, and nothing still..I surely hope I am not on the waiting game for a month again!  

K

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, mine failed with the memory issue as well.  I want to try again, but no update prompt is available anymore.  I really wish Verizon phones had a check now button inside the system update screen.

0 Likes
djkrysiz

Manually change the time on your phone to 12:30am today. This will trigger an automatic check in with the update servers and you will get the appropriate update.

1. Menu > Settings > Date and Time
2. Un-check Automatic to prevent the date and time from automatically updating
3. Change the time to 12:30am today
4. Go back to the main settings and select About Phone > Check For Update and follow the prompts

Good luck!

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Haha....that worked.  Thanks.

Wait...that made the update come back, but when you click install, it says rebooting and 10 seconds and never actually reboots..then the update goes away again.  GRRRRR

0 Likes
djkrysiz

Awesome! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Well...see my post above.  I edited it.  It won't reboot...Rebooting in 10 seconds...it counts down, then says Rebooting, but it never actually reboots.  What gives?  If you leave the udpate screen and go back in...it says up to date again and the update is gone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My update went smooth as i expected it would but one thing i do. i let the phone once the update starts I don't mess with it i let it go thru all the steps Completly. I make sure ones that Text me or call stop untill the update is finished an No interuptions! period.

Accouple things i would suggest when doing an update:

1. Make Sure you have a Full charged battery. Allway important as phones don't do well updating on a partial charged or near dead battery.

2.Make Sure you have a Very good signal if you Don't Go to were you can get a good signal an No interfearence. An make sure your freinds an family are aware your doing a update an hold off calling till your thru with it with the Update 

3. If you have a Tonn of Apps or you haven't done a Factory Reset in a while or at all since purchasing the phone i would do the Fr before or if you went ahead an got the update an the phone is giving you fits Do it then. This will refresh things an pute the update on a Nice clean platform But doing a Fr will require you to back up you Data an Apps if you have alott a payed apps they'll be saved to you Google Acc. the free one's you'll have to write down an search out in the Market.

4. Once the Update is thru make sure everything is running smoothly Check out all area's An then shut the phone down. If you want to as well pull the Battery or perform a soft reset i've done this in the Past but you don't have to do. unless you want to. 

Some or all of this to you may seem to be to much extra for you to do after a reset as we live in fast pase world an we need our phones to be up n runnen. But a little extra TLC... will go a long way to help improve your phone to work better for Ya. In the Long Runnn.... :smileyhappy:  B33  

0 Likes
shmart06
Enthusiast - Level 3

JasonSCarter wrote:

Well...see my post above.  I edited it.  It won't reboot...Rebooting in 10 seconds...it counts down, then says Rebooting, but it never actually reboots.  What gives?  If you leave the udpate screen and go back in...it says up to date again and the update is gone.

Same thing with mine...any other ideas?

0 Likes
MrSmoofy74

I received 4.06.605.3 the night of 11/14/2011 and all was fine except it broke my voice command, bluetooth and what not all the things the next update fixes.  4.08.605.2 came last night 11/15/2011 but said I didn't have enough room and wouldn't install.  Now I'm stuck with a phone that has lots of issues and no way to update it.  I called support and they said they could not do anything to help me.  This is suck **bleep**!  What's the point of having a check for updates function if it doesn't realize I don't have the latest update.

I just tried setting the time to 12:30am like suggested it did ask me to install and I tried to it counted down to reboot and didn't reboot like the previous person mentioned.

So still can't install it and Verizon Support said there is nothing they can do to help me.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

OK, now I am really getting ticked off.  I did a factory reset.  And before I installed anything else, or configured email, etc....I set the clock to 12:30 AM, the update downloaded and prompted for install...it did it's thing, rebooted and came back to the home screen stating I don't have enough space.....really annoying.  So much for trying to stay stock.

I am going to research tonight on the best custom ROM and go that route.  This is stupid we can't apply a simple 8MB update.

0 Likes