Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
Boothby172

So, is anyone at Verizon reading this thread to learn about the CRAPTASTIC new update?

1) If I am on Bluetooth with a call, and I get a text message, the following happens (in this order)

• a) The phone drops the Bluetooth earpiece and goes to speaker phone
  • b) if I press the Bluetooth button (o try and retrieve the call), it hangs up the call!

2) Voice to text does not work while I am messaging.

3) While switching from some applications, I get the White "htc" screen (makes me think it is about to reboot...but it doesn't), then the "processing" screen for at least 10 seconds, then the home screen (or whatever is appropriate).  This is "better"??

The Bluetooth drop, however, is the real killer.  This is a definite BUG!

I am not happy with this upgrade.  When's Rev 2 coming out????

0 Likes
livinthedream68

Im not sure about the rev, but Im sure the fine "Non Verizon" staff in here will tell you what they tell everyone...........

Do a Factory Reset.......Sounds like what the bone heads at work tell me from PC Support when they are out of ideas's. Avoid the update or try the alternative's..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@livingthedream68
This is a peer to peer community forum. The only Verizon employees on this website will have the title of "Wireless Employee", "Administrator", or "Moderator" and have a Verizon logo as part of their avatar.

The rest of us are customers, past customers or future customers of wireless service.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Announcements/2Q-Verizon-Community-Enhancements/td-p/18111

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
livinthedream68

Ann, I do not have any issues with the fact that Verizon announced 3 yrs ago that they would hand out Merritt badges to anyone who tries to help customers with technical support. Hey that's fantastic, then you all should apply for jobs as technical support techs. But I ended up here b/c like the masses I had questions that only Verizon should be addressing. I had no idea that I might not get help from the proper individuals. This new OS update is apparently sending phones to the grave. My dig on support was that I kept reading that there was no technical help. You can't have people believing from a "Customer, past customer or good Samaritan" that there's no other way to correct their problem other than do a factory reset. These are problems, Verizon is installing on our phones have issues, apparently pretty big cuz not everyone has received the update. And the ones that have are experiencing lots of major problems. Now, that you've set me straight,  Ill make sure I stand clear of the update and of asking technical questions on this forum. Maybe you guys should focus on the members sending folks to websites to flash their devices. BTW.

0 Likes
EODGuy

Anyone else still waiting for the GB update? My wife got her update two weeks ago and I am still waiting, good or bad, it would be nice to know what's going on.

0 Likes
ondabrink

Still waiting here too....  my wife got it two weeks ago...  Like watching a pot waiting for water to boil...

Maybe the people who knew what the update was are the last to get it??

0 Likes
peakcomp

My boyfriend received his update two days after it was released.  I got tired of calling and waiting on the 15th...and downloaded it off a website I can't remember right now...but it had the same build # and baseband version...

I compared all the info after installing it to my boyfriends phone...everything is exactly the same except the PRI (not PRL) version...

anyways, I have had my phone off the charger as of 1pm this afternoon, and it is now 5ish and my battery is in the YELLOW!  

Battery life SUCKS!  

0 Likes
johnt519
Still waiting for the update... Hey Verizon people.... How long should it take????
0 Likes
peakcomp

I have called and emailed everyone around the 15th of the month.  First I started with Verizon.  I was told the push actually comes from HTC.  I emailed HTC and they told me GOOGLE pushes the update in bits and pieces...

FYI:  minor changes in GB too...Fast boot, darker different icons in the notification bar and POOR battery life!

Ken

0 Likes
jmancil1972
I too am having issues with the update, but knock on wood, no battery problems. I have actually seen a DRAMATIC increase in my battery life. Would love to know if there's a revision 2 coming soon tho…
0 Likes