Frustrated about Sync and Outlook!
tigerj13

I am new to the DInc and I’m using the provided HTC Sync with Outlook 2007.  I went through the effort of transferring all my contacts from my lotus notes (company) to Outlook (non-company supported but easier to transfer).  I even took pictures of friends and coworkers from various sources and put them in either to the phone contact list, or to the Outlook contact list (depending on where the photo was located.  Now, seemingly completely random, these pictures are getting lost.  Calendar doesn’t seem to synch the way it should, if I enter an item into the Outlook Calendar, it doesn’t necessarily transfer.  I’m about to lose my cool and throw my **bleep** DInc in the trash.  Has anyone else experienced this crap?

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated about Sync and Outlook!
alotonmymind

Call Verizon tech they just sorted out the same problem I had, just would take to long to try and explain it. But was pretty quick. When u call *611 ask to speak to a support tech because the rep will try and help and eventually send you to tech support. Good luck

0 Likes
tigerj13

Just called Verizon Customer Service... they transfered me to HTC customer service and said that they don't support Sync.  HTC Customer Service number is 866-963-0953 (in case someone else is having issues.  We'll see if there is a fix.  

0 Likes
tigerj13

Wow... just gets more and more fun.  called Verizon, they don't support Sync please call HTC.  Called HTC... there's no known issue with synch, but there is a new version of sync coming out in a few weeks that may help fix "my problem".  Then suggested I do a Microsoft Office online check up to make sure my Office is working alright.  I guess this shouldn't surprise me.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Just in the last week, I receive an error when I open Outlook stating there is an Addon missing in HTC Sync. I do not Sync with Outlook, but use HTC Sync. Have you tried downloading the version on teh HTC site? I used the version that came with the phone back when Verizon stated there was not a version of Sync on the phone.

0 Likes