Froyo 2.2 Update - Calendar Sync Problem to Outlook through MS Exhange
jkmcculla

So, I have really enjoyed the HTC Incredible for the past 4 months - great phone on the Verizon network.  The other day, the 2.2 update arrived and installed.  All seemed ok, except the phone kept constantly trying to sync my Outlook calendar through my MS Exchange server at work.  Phone was hot, and chewed through the battery.  I went to the Verizon store, and we deleted my Exchange ActiveSync account, and readded it.  This seemed to fix it.   My emails, contacts, and calendar synced back on my phone (with the annoying issue of all my events on my calendar being duplicated . . . ).

So, today I notice that phone is returning an error on attempting to sync the calendar.  It syncs mail and contacts fine, but returns the message "The Exchange Server returned some status errors."  What happens is if I enter an event, or change an event on my phone, it syncs accurately and immediately to my Outlook calendar on my work PC through Exchange.  But, if I add events or change them on my work PC, nothing syncs back to my phone!  Ugh! 

Is anyone having this issue, and know how to fix it?  I am certain it is is related to the 2.2 download/update.

Thanks for advising.

0 Likes
Re: Froyo 2.2 Update - Calendar Sync Problem to Outlook through MS Exhange
wp71401
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't had the specific calendar issue, however, after the 2.2 update I have noticed little infrequent bugs pop up with Exchange ActiveSync myself.

My notifications started going nuts out of the blue. When an email would come in, the phone would go into a sync-loop and "buzz,buzz,buzz,ding,ding,ding" constantly until I opened the new email. Very annoying. Also, I noticed this caused it to eat the battery. I had to delete the account and readd it. Seems to have cleared it, but also duplicated all my calendar events.

Only thing I can say is hopefully VZW/HTC has some small bug fixes come out. I'd hate to see it continue to pop up as infrequent bugs now and again. Deleting and reinstalling the account is a pain. Luckily the information is not lost, but annoying nonetheless.

0 Likes
Re: Froyo 2.2 Update - Calendar Sync Problem to Outlook through MS Exhange
jkmcculla

Thank you to the previous post with the related issue.

So, good news.  I went back to Verizon store.  The only advice at this point from the technology folks was to try a full reset (I find it strange this doesn't take the phone back to a prior state, but leaves the update 2.2 on the phone.  Anyway, I'm happy to say my calendar is now syncing again accurately between MS Outlook via MS Exchange ActiveSync, and my HTC Incredible.  I am not so happy that it did not restore my favorites, messages, or of course the apps that I had previously downloaded.  Hopefully, HTC will improve upon  the update process moving forward.  I have my fingers crossed that all will stay well.

0 Likes
Re: Froyo 2.2 Update - Calendar Sync Problem to Outlook through MS Exchange
Brass
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed that the yin/yang (sync) icon at the top of my screen kept popping up more than usual after the update.  Looking through the items I have set to sync (Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync), I reviewed all the things I have set and disabled the sync settings for the things I did not want.  After disabling the "Backup Assistant", "Google", "News", "Stocks" and "Weather", I thought for sure the issue would be resolved.  Not yet.  When those adjustments didn't change the frequency of the sync, I decided to look at the Exchange Active Sync and to my surprise, the culprit was revealed - the calendar was stuck in a sync loop (syncing over and over).  I disabled the "Sync Calendar" feature and the phone stopped it's maddening attempt to refresh the calendar.

To fix it, I cleared the data in the Calendar applications (Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All [tab at the top]). Scroll down the list and open each of the Calendar items and click the "Clear Data" button. 

(Credit goes to "Brenny" at AndroidForums.com for the post that explains how to clear the Calendar Data)

It seems that adjustments made to events before the update were kept in the phone's local storage.  After the update, the calendar data in the phone's cache wasn't happy with my Exchange calendar.  After performing these steps, everything is back to normal.  Good luck!

0 Likes
sinwagon

I was having the same issue and this fixed mine

0 Likes
jkmcculla

Many thanks to Brass and others for this fix.  Wish I had it before resetting my phone! 

0 Likes