Facebook birthday calandar sync annoyed!
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
All the birthdays of my Facebook friends are on my calendar widget and I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I know its got to be a setting someplace but I can't find it. Any ideas?
Running 2.2 - this is when it happened.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Facebook birthday calandar sync annoyed!
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Figured it out. In calendar you select Menu, More, Calendars, Uncheck Facebook. Bam!
Thanks for the ideas though. Weird it was a android calendar setting. I was all over HTC sync settings. Lesson learned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you sync your inc with fb? if so then i'm guessin it's a new feature. i don't sync with fb at all so i'm not sure.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and i'm completely guessing, but i don't know that it can be undone once you've already sync'd???? without uninstalling the widget anyhow.

0 Likes
dcorco

I believe if you go under the Accounts & Sync settings and remove the facebook account, all of that will go away.  Not totally sure, though.

0 Likes
hcox2081
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try going to settings

Select Accounts and Sync

Uncheck the Auto-sync located below Background data

2nd Option,

Go to Set up

Recall how you set up your device when you first brought it.

In Set up social Networks there should be an option for making changes to your Facebook

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

hope so. i figured once it was sync'd, all that would do is not sync it in the future. i hope you are correct. if so, then i may actually sync fb. i just haven't wanted to for fear of not being able to undoe all of it...lol

0 Likes
hcox2081
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me know

How it goes if you figure it out

did say try it, LOL

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Figured it out. In calendar you select Menu, More, Calendars, Uncheck Facebook. Bam!
Thanks for the ideas though. Weird it was a android calendar setting. I was all over HTC sync settings. Lesson learned.
0 Likes
hcox2081
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just guessed.

Now we learned something new. Cool you got it working for you.

0 Likes