Facebook Crashes when trying to add status, add picture, check-in etc.
audiored

I've posted this on several other forums and basically been told who cares about this problem because you shouldn't be using Facebook anyway.

I would like to use Facebook. It is a primary way I use to keep in contact with friends. There is no easy replacement. There is viable alternative. I can't convince everyone on my Facebook to try out some other service.

At the moment and for the last 2 months, through several updates and versions, the android Facebook app crashes why I try to add a status, add a picture, check-in. Basically all I can use the app for is the view messages, view newsfeed. I can reply or post comments or post a status. All that causes the app to crash.

It has also been pointed out to me that I can add a status through the website. But I can't easily add a picture or check-in. It is kind of a pain in the **bleep** the use the full Facebook website on the phone in general.

Is anyone else even have this same problem? I can't even seem to get that out of anyone. Is this a problem unique to my phone? I've found a lot of crashing threads, but they all date to before about May it seems and most say that problem is fixed.

So is this a known, common problem? Is there a fix? Is there a way to go back to an old version of the app that worked?

I have app version 1.8.1 and firmware 2.3.6.. Should go without saying that I am using a Samsung Droid Charge.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook Crashes when trying to add status, add picture, check-in etc.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The first thing I would try is to clear the app cache and data.  This can be done by going to your homescreen then pressing menu>settings>applications>manage applications, scroll down to Facebook, then press clear cache (if not greyed out), then clear data.  You will have to sign back in to Facebook within the app and redo any settings you may have changed.  If Facebook came preinstalled when you bought the phone, you should be able to uninstall all updates from this same screen.

0 Likes