FaceBook Settings and Apps
Imorales

So I order my phone last week on the 29th of July from on the stores near my house, I got my Phone Yesterday on the mail, I am so happy that is finally here, but am having problems with some setting and applications…

1. I can never get any alerts when someone sends me a msg or someone post something on my wall
  2. I can check my own profile
  3. The alerts are sent to my e-mail and not my phone

I miss my BlackBerry Storm... Please help!!

0 Likes
Re: FaceBook Settings and Apps
kdurand

I am having/had the same problem.

A friend of mine told me that you have to keep facebook open and running in the background.  Also within the application you need to click the menu button, click settings and check the notifications settings.  

I hope that helps.  Mine's still fussy though.

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings!

This is not a problem with your phone.  This is just another thing Android lacks comapred to other OS's.  Call blackberry whatever you'd like but at least it has a simple feature of notifications for facebook.

What you need to do is download the app called "Bloo".  Just keep that running and link it up in your message widget.  It will give you notifications on comments/wall postings/when someone likes your status.  The other regular facebook app will notify you if you get a message/invite.  Well at least mine does.

Never check the notification through bloo just look at what the notification says and then check it through the normal app.  That is the only thing we can do at this point.

I believe someone posted on here that if you make your facebook email your gmail address it would work??? but i dont know if this is true.  Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if this will help. But, if you get the "FaceBook for Android" app (not the faceBook Widget already on the phone), you can go to menu>settings in the app and get either a ringtone, vibrate, and/or LED notification. It will not show in you notification bar, though. Also you have to set up how often the notifications will update and the minimum is 30 minutes. I do not use these notifications so I can't comment on how well it works.

0 Likes