FROYO UPDATE
scarr91

Hey just got my X and was wondering if I should wait on downloading the update after reading about these issues. The phone has no apps or anythign downloaded yet. Just wondering if I should wait before customizing it and updating

0 Likes
Re: FROYO UPDATE
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Really doesn't matter .... FROYO won't wipe out anything you installed. Curious though why you didn't get a "push" to receive the update though.  Or did you just CANCEL it?

0 Likes
scarr91

I have been just canceling it. I was just thinking of waiting cause maybe Motorola will have a "new" update with bug fixes soon. I will probably just go ahead and do it.

0 Likes
MrMikeM513
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd say that, since you've nothing else on the phone, go ahead and do it. Seems froyo works better from square one. Incremental updates usually aren't a problem. Usually.

Mike

0 Likes
jones2371

I ran the 2.2 upgrade on my 3 week old DX last night and I really, really regret it.  I went from a *near-perfect device*  to something that's annoyingly slow, has a very jittery screen issue when I move between pages and goodness knows what other undetected issues.

I've done a factory wipe and still the same. It is bad.

Don't upgrade if you can help it.  I'm really upset I did.

0 Likes
Rockefeller

I read on one of these threads posted by a verizon employee that you can only ignore the update for so long before it will just download automatically, not sure if this is true, just passing along the info posted by an employee

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

scarr91 wrote:

Hey just got my X and was wondering if I should wait on downloading the update after reading about these issues. The phone has no apps or anythign downloaded yet. Just wondering if I should wait before customizing it and updating

You only read about the problems on the forums.  The great majority update without any problem and the phones work great.  I did the update on a fairly clean X, just my large contact list and a couple of apps I loaded, and the update took about 10 mins. over my wifi connection.  No problems at all.  If it is new and clean and you have a problem you can take it back and get a new replacement if they can' fix it.  Better to do in before the 30 day new replacemant limit.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did anyone follow the instructions here that addressed some the issues after doing 2.2 update?

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/td-p/2965...

0 Likes