Exchange security policies
shiggitydiggity

Hi. Droid 2 is forcing a PIN to unlock the screen every 15 mintues when connected to Exchange 2007 with activestink. This setting is not set on the server, and does not do this to the EVO.However, it does seem to also affect the Droid X in the same way. This also doesnt happen when i use it in touchdown.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

0 Likes
Re: Exchange security policies
fixtheempire

shiggitydiggity wrote:

Hi. Droid 2 is forcing a PIN to unlock the screen every 15 mintues when connected to Exchange 2007 with activestink. This setting is not set on the server, and does not do this to the EVO.However, it does seem to also affect the Droid X in the same way. This also doesnt happen when i use it in touchdown.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Any updates on this.  I have very frustrated users.  I need to upgrade numerous phones in the next month and believe me, this issue will definitely make me steer clear of Droid 2's.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Hit menu> settings> location and security> change screen lock> none.

This should remedy the problem.
0 Likes
shiggitydiggity

That isnt an option. It is locked by device administrator.

This is a problem motorola knows about. It happens on both droid 2 and droid X. They just havent done anything about it.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Then that means it is locked by your company. My company requires me to have the lock. I set it to 15 minutes and rarely have to unlock it.

My friend has the Evo and it does the same thing.

0 Likes
shiggitydiggity

I am the administrator. It is not a setting in exchange forcing this.

0 Likes
fixtheempire

Thank you cobjones but what if that selection is grayed out?  It is apparently a documented Motorola bug that makes it appear as if my Exchange server is set to require a pin, however it is not.  I am hoping to find someone who determined a fix.

Cobjones wrote:

Cobjones wrote:

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
If the selection is greyed out, and your security settings don't require a password, the there is a communication error between the servers and the software.

I heard there is a problem with the Droid 1 that moto is supposed to patch, but I didn't read about the 2.2 getting patched.

I know you have probably tried this, but try deleting the account and re-setup the account. If you cannot get it to change contact your email administer and ask them to check their certificates to ensure they are not set to require the password.

If none of that works I would contact Motorola directly for a timeline on a fix. I doubt that Verizon would let you exchange (after 30 days) just because of the password issue.

It is upsetting. I have also heard that motorola will purchase "Touchdown" for you if you are having issues.

Please let us know how it goes.
0 Likes