Erasing or changing a stored password
gbdg

I have a typo in a login screen. The username and password are incorrect.  When I access that page, I have to backspace most of the characters and re-type them.

Is there an easy way to delete the stored entries for a single page?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Erasing or changing a stored password
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Go into Settings / Applications and scroll to the Application you're using for web browsing. Click on it and then click on "Clear Cache" and/or "Clear Data" for that APP.  See if that will clear your pre-filled data.

0 Likes
gbdg

I take it this removes all stored content and does not allow removal of a single bad entry?  If so, that seems an unfortunate limitation.  ughh.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I believe that to be true...  You will likely be prompted to re-enter p/w info on all other web sites...   Honestly, this is no different than a PC browser --  and least from my own experiences with Internet Explorer, etc.

0 Likes
gbdg

I'm a web developer.  I happen to know as a fact that in IE (for example) you can highlight a stored value - let's say a username with password - then hit the delete key.  IE will ask if you really want to delete the stored entry, and upon confirmation, that stored value alone is removed.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Good luck.

0 Likes
gbdg

Thanks again for  your reply.  Appreciate it.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Most welcome.. Glad to TRY to help.

0 Likes