EMAIL NOT COMING IN
UCONNCASS

I don't know what is going on but I only receive my email half the time.  I have accounts set up for my AOL email but only half the time I am getting my mail.  I have it set up for PUSH as I do not want to have to wait 15 mins to see if I have new email.  The only quick way I can check is to open the email address I want and have it search to see if there is any new mail.  I NEVER went through this with my BB. As soon as mail was sent I received it.  I am in constant need of my email and this is just not going to cut it.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL NOT COMING IN
hatsal

I'd like to echo the problem of mail not being received properly.

In my case I'm simply using a personal IMAP account. The mail refreshes approximately twice a day, no matter what settings I configure regarding push, fetch, or data management. I can log in to my mail account via a webmail system and see new messages in the inbox, but no matter what I do, I cannot make them appear in the mail app's inbox -- I simply wait, and eventually, about twice a day, the application actually performs a refresh.

0 Likes
NeilM

I have the same issue on my X that I just received today.  Email from both work and yahoo comes in sporadically and no matter what I do in the settings, I don't hear a notification sound/alert.  

Anyone else have this issues?  

It's also on Android forums:

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-droid-x/124177-no-notification-new-email.html

0 Likes
hatsal

At this point, I have ditched the stock mail client and replaced it with K-9 Email. It's working great.

0 Likes
Bandit390

The only push that works is gmail. As the delivery option states, "If push is turned off or not available, the device will use the fetch schedule instead.

There are paid/free apps/services that can provide push on yahoo/etc. Do a google search.

0 Likes