Droid x wont play anything
MANNY921
my droid wont play any videos from youtube or any other website plus I downloaded songs and videos from itunes to the memory card and it says" the player does not support this file" and when I try to play a video it says " error video cannot be displayed or play" whats wrong with this thing I swear that I have never had any problems with my evo.

I dont want to return this phone but it just that I cant get it todo simple things.

Please help me.
0 Likes
Re: Droid x wont play anything
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I assume you are running 2.2 and have installed the ADOBE FLASH add-on ???  If you did, there should have been an Adobe app called "Adobe Showcase" installed ... does THAT run OK ???   (This would be just to confirm that FLASH is properly working on your Droid.)

0 Likes
MANNY921
How can I check if the app "Adobe Showcase" is installed? Well that maybe why the internet videos wont play but what about the files I have on the Sd card?

I had the fascinate before this phone and it played all that I have on this Sd card.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Just click on the middle "APP" button to get a screen of what's installed  ...  like you would for any APP that is installed.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you updated to 2.2 that added Flash support, also did you update to the recent YouTube app that recently got released? I never had any issues playing YouTube videos on the droid X...  If you are viewing the full view web page it will not play without flash but the mobile version will play through the YouTube portable app without issues.  Also files from iTunes are usually in a different format because they add their copyrights to the file, this will restrict what players that can play the files and this sounds like your issue.

0 Likes