Droid crashes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Incredible has taken to crashing and restarting randomly.  It has also seemed to turn off the 3G radio at times, which is cured by turning the phone on and off......it didn't do this prior to the 2.2 update, but took about a month after to start to do this, so I'm not sure I want to blame that.....Any clues out there?

0 Likes
Re: Droid crashes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If you're running an automatic task killer, that could do it, you may be killing something vital inadvertently. Otherwise, if you have installed any new apps recently, try uninstalling them, one at a time, until you find the culprit. If that doesn't work, you may try a factory reset, or take it back to the store.
0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already uninstalled the app killer before this started, and there was not a specific app download that I could remember.

I will start by uninstalling all apps I don't use very often and work from there.  I'd rather not factory reset

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Unfortunately, it may come to that, these updates can make things go a little wonky, and it's not always apparent right away. Your old data and settings may need to be cleared and the only way to do that is with a factory reset. I don't think anyone realized the issues going from 2.1 to 2.2, you're not the only one in this boat.
0 Likes
drsmith751

I'm having the same problem and it seems to be getting worse.  It was fine with 2.1.  How do you do a factory reset?

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to the main screen->Menu->Settings->SD & Phone Storage->Factory Data Reset.

Use this as the Last Resort...everything will be gone!

0 Likes
artpapa

Hi, I have also similar problems.
Can you tell me please how to backup my phonbook and GPS/google map  places Before I will do factory reset ?

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It is backed up automatically backed up by Backup Assistant. Here is a link with more information to further explain it http://tinyurl.com/2ax2uko

0 Likes
artpapa

Thank you

But, I have sub account , please tell me how to get their!?

Because what ever I do, Backup Assistant always Bring me to the main holder (my wife)  account .

We have five phones on one account.

Actually I must say that all Verizon web site not extremely intuitive and friendly .

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

On the sublevel account you will have to login with that mobile phone number or that user and password, if you're not sure of the password you will go through a password reset by clicking on forgot password. If that account is not registered you will register online here is the process.

To register for My Verizon online, please follow the outlined procedures below.

The Register link for the Verizon Wireless My Verizon online service is located on our home page at <http://www.verizonwireless.com>. If this direct link does not work, please enter this URL into your browser's address bar. Please move your cursor over the My Verizon tab on the right hand side of the page, and then over My Personal Account in the drop-down menu. Now click on Register in the resulting sub-menu.

Once you click on the Registration link, you will see three steps across the top of the page. Step one will ask you to enter your 10 digit cell phone number to begin the Registration process.

In Step two, you will need to select your access level by choosing either Account Owner or Account member status.

The user with Account Owner status will have access to My Verizon features such as changing calling plans or features, upgrading equipment, viewing and paying the bill, etc. Please note that the person selecting the Account Owner option should be the person who is considered responsible for the account as a whole. The Account Member Number will have limited access to the account.

On the next page you will need to Set Up your Sign In Profile.

First, you will need to create a User ID that is from 6 to 60 characters, consisting of all letters, all numbers, or a combination of both. The User ID may not contain any spaces, symbols or punctuation. For your convenience, you will be able to sign in with your cell phone number in place of your User ID; however, the User ID cannot be changed to your cell phone number.

The Name field is where you are asked to create your Welcome Name. When you sign into the account, it will appear in the upper left hand corner of the page. The Name must be 1 to 10 characters. It can be any combination of letters and numbers. This name can be updated at any time in the future should you decide to change it via My Verizon.

Please enter your email address in the first field, and confirm it in the second field to ensure it is stored correctly.

Now please enter your Billing Zip Code and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you have a Billing System Password, you will be asked for it rather than your Social Security Number. When accepting the Terms and Conditions, please make sure you place a check mark in the box next to I accept the Terms and Conditions, then click Continue.

A confirmation of your registration and a temporary 8 digit Password will be sent to your phone via text message.

Once you receive the temporary Password, please sign in. Once signed in, you will be asked to create your own sign in Password and establish a Secret Question. The sign in Password you create must be from 8 to 20 characters, containing both numbers and letters, with no spaces or special characters.

You will be able to select one of the pre-determined Secret Questions and create your own answer for it. Your answer must be from 3 to 40 characters, and may include letters, numbers, spaces (count as characters) and a period. No other Special characters will be permitted, and the answer will not be case sensitive.

After completing the Password and Secret Question portion of registration, you will be asked to select your billing preference (paperless or receipt of your paper bill) and your notification preferences (email or text alerts) for billing notifications, payment confirmations, and other online account activity. The next time you sign in, you will be on your My Verizon Overview page.

0 Likes