Droid X reboots spontaneously, camera issues, etc
jeciwall28

For about the last month or so, I have major issues with my Droid X, which I have had since May. My camera will freeze while taking pictures or opening the app, my phone will spontaneously reboot during phone calls, web browsing, or listening to music. I've had more dropped calls within the last month than my entire 5 years with Verizon. 

The phone is not rooted and I have Lookout Mobile for my virus protection. It was updated to the official Gingerbread. I am at my wits end with this phone. Any suggestions?

P.S. I received this phone as a replacement for my Droid Incredible from the insurance company. It's always had problems, but nothing like recently, I am just not a big complainer. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid X reboots spontaneously, camera issues, etc
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

jeciwall28 wrote:

For about the last month or so, I have major issues with my Droid X, which I have had since May. My camera will freeze while taking pictures or opening the app, my phone will spontaneously reboot during phone calls, web browsing, or listening to music. I've had more dropped calls within the last month than my entire 5 years with Verizon. 

The phone is not rooted and I have Lookout Mobile for my virus protection. It was updated to the official Gingerbread. I am at my wits end with this phone. Any suggestions?

P.S. I received this phone as a replacement for my Droid Incredible from the insurance company. It's always had problems, but nothing like recently, I am just not a big complainer. 

Not saying this is the source of your problems at all, but you don't need Lookout Mobile. Virus scanners and apps of that sort do nothing, and only cause excessive battery drain and, at times, problems.

Now on to your phone issues. How many apps do you have on it? Have you ever gone in to see which apps run the most, and try force closing them if you're not using them? That might help - sometimes there's just too much stuff going on at once and it bogs the phone down.

Have you noticed that you've had worse reception with the X than you did with the Incredible? That's really the only thing I can think of that would account for dropped calls. It could also be on the other person's end as well.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X reboots spontaneously, camera issues, etc
TampaMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as all of the issues you are having, you want to make sure that your phone's sofware is up to date.

Select the four square menu button in the lower left of the phone.

Select Settings.

Scroll to the bottom of the settings menu and select "About Phone."

Select "System Updates."

If an update is available, make sure to download it. If no software updates are available/your phone is up to date, I would suggest trying to run the phone in safe mode. Safe mode disables third-party applications and has no adverse efffects on your phone. To test, you can try to take pictures with your camera while in safe mode:

• Press and hold down the Power Key.
  • Touch Power Off.
  • Touch OK.
  • Press and hold the menu key, then press the power key to power on device
  • Continue holding the Menu key until Safe mode appears in the left corner of the screen.

If none of the above works, you will likely need to perform a factory reset of the device. Just make sure to back up your data before doing so, and make sure you know your GMail username and password.

0 Likes