Droid X not connecting to my Network extender
nitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid X and just got a Verizon network extender, because of poor signal in my house. I setup the network extender and have 4 blue lights on it. The network extender shows up in "my verizon", but my Droid X will not connect to it. I did *228 and still nothing. I call #48 and I get message #206 your call can not be completed at this time. I have rebooted the phone, computer and still nothing. I called tech support and had a 40 minute wait and gave up. Any ideas???   Craig

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X not connecting to my Network extender
droidnoid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. I'll give you my whole story, and you can decide what to do.

First, are you a former alltel customer?  If so, that's the problem.  You probably still have your alltel plan, and your plan determines which PRL you get.  The vzw uses the PRL to determine who uses it and who doesn't.  So the first line of customer support (yes, you'll have to call them) will want you to move to a vzw plan.  If you want to do that, fine, but I didn't.  I read online that this was the likely problem, and their local vzw retailer fixed it for them.  For me, they gave me a number to call (sorry - don't have it, but your local retailer can probably give it to you), and they seemed much more reasonable.  I explained that I had an Alltel PRL and needed a vzw PRL to make the NE work, and they did it on the spot.  I did #48 and connected right up.  

It seems that once the NE has your phone registered, it doesn't lose it even if your PRL goes back, as mine has.

Now, if your NE ever stops working (red sys light, blinking red gps light), it's probably your router.  They told me the following routers should be avoided:

Linksys WRT54G  <= this was my router
Netgear WGT624
DLink DIR625
Dell Trumobile 2300

So I bought a Belkin N+ yesterday and haven't had any trouble since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Try posting this on the Droid X forums, it might help more. The moderators will most likely move this post anyway.

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Isn't this the Droid X forum.
0 Likes
droidnoid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. I'll give you my whole story, and you can decide what to do.

First, are you a former alltel customer?  If so, that's the problem.  You probably still have your alltel plan, and your plan determines which PRL you get.  The vzw uses the PRL to determine who uses it and who doesn't.  So the first line of customer support (yes, you'll have to call them) will want you to move to a vzw plan.  If you want to do that, fine, but I didn't.  I read online that this was the likely problem, and their local vzw retailer fixed it for them.  For me, they gave me a number to call (sorry - don't have it, but your local retailer can probably give it to you), and they seemed much more reasonable.  I explained that I had an Alltel PRL and needed a vzw PRL to make the NE work, and they did it on the spot.  I did #48 and connected right up.  

It seems that once the NE has your phone registered, it doesn't lose it even if your PRL goes back, as mine has.

Now, if your NE ever stops working (red sys light, blinking red gps light), it's probably your router.  They told me the following routers should be avoided:

Linksys WRT54G  <= this was my router
Netgear WGT624
DLink DIR625
Dell Trumobile 2300

So I bought a Belkin N+ yesterday and haven't had any trouble since.

0 Likes
nitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Droidnoid for the advice. I allready have a Verizon plan and number. I'm using a Netgear WNDR3300 v2 router. I tried hooking the NE directly to the router, but still nothing. If I can not get this working and have better reception in my house, I will be returning the phone before my 30 days are up which is soon.

0 Likes
nitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon and found out the NE will not work in my area and was told to return it for refund. I guess I will have to try another carrier woth better reception in my area. Now the hassel of returning the NE and and phone. This should be interesting.

0 Likes