Droid X email not Recognizing Cox email settings
kirkmyers190

I am trying to set up my Droid X to recieve my Cox ISP emails and have talked to both Verizon Tech & Cox Tech and neither could figure it out. According to them I was doing everything properly but I still get an errors message Icon when I try to set up Cox email on the Droid X. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kirk

0 Likes
Re: Droid X email not Recognizing Cox email settings
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had the same problem with verizon and cox also trying to set it up. I figured it out on my own. First at the username don't use the @cox.net after your username.They were both telling me to put that in. Now I'm in Arizona so my incoming port I use is 110 and don't check the secure connection or verify certificate at the bottom. My outgoing port is 465 and I have secure connection and verify certificate checked at the bottom.
0 Likes
marnie1989

How do you determine the port #'s for incoming and outgoing servers??

0 Likes
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a link that could help you. The bottom of the page has all the settings.

http://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48587/p_country_code/US

0 Likes
kirkmyers190

Iv'e tried all this and still no cox email. Thanks for the info. Not sure what else to do but go to Verizon Store. Thanks again. Anyone else out their with this problem have suggestions I'm still open . Thanks All.

Kirk

0 Likes
kirkmyers190

I got the phone to stop indicating that their is a setting error but not getting any mail.

0 Likes
kirkmyers190
I finally got it to work and can help if anyone needs it in the Vegas area
Mp
0 Likes
k9sweeps

Don't know if you are still on these boards, but I am in Vegas and am having the same issue. Can you post your resolution?

0 Likes