Re: Droid X constantly rebooting
DoNotBuyVerzon

It's not just Droid X ...I have a Droid Incredible and I had same rebooting issues for about 3months ...I had called Verizon about the  problems and they don't want to hear it(ignore & Evade tactic). Verizon told me that they will replace with recondition phone...I said heck No!  

After that I left comments on Better Business Bureau.  HTC did contact me today about updating PRL (roaming). All you have to do is After fresh reboot Press - *228 and selected option 2. I hope this helps! 

I'm going wait for about a month...if this problem persists again. I'm going to hire a lawyer and go after Verizon!

I'll leave a message for all you to see.

People talk about how bad Apples's Iphones are with receptions and dropcalls. How often do you see a phone reboot itself?

This is completely outrages.

Return your phones NOW! Don't stick around for an UPDATE like I did.

Andy

0 Likes
Spdjunky

Thats pretty funny. I was just thinking today I'm tired of getting screwed around.

I've been with Verizon for over 20 years. I've had nothing but problems with the Original Droid. They sent me 4 refurbs. I now have the Droid X and it is constantly rebooting. I hardly have any additional apps in it.

If the problem persists, I likely will be getting ahold of the BBB also.

The I Phone is being upgraded with each revision. Motorola seems to be starting from scratch with each new Droid.

I believe in Loyalty, but I also believe in fixing problems!!  

0 Likes
Spdjunky

Feeling much better. Just filled out and filed a complaint with the BBB. :smileyhappy:

Be nice and fair when filling one out. My beef is with Motorola.

0 Likes
jefbon

I just ended up with the same problem last night.  I couldnt even turn off droid without taking out battery.  I did a hard boot. Thank goodness I had appbrain to re install my apps!  I replaced battery, was installing all my apps and when I loaded an app called "battery status - free" the droid went back into a reboot mode.  I had to hard boot again and re install.  This time I did not install the battery status -free and so far so good.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Most of the rebooting and freezing isues usually comes from a uncompatible app installed, the solution to this is to try removing all installed apps other than stock and see if the problem stops, so many say that the replacement device does the same thing as the one they sent back, this usually means that the issue may not be the device but something added to the device...  After owning a Windows device you usually develope this as a second thought because the chance of two seperate devices having the same exact issue is very slim..

0 Likes
superbaz

If that were true, then why are those apps showing up in the android marketplace?  I know there's issues with the droid x that need to be looked into on the gb upgrade.  One proof of problems: Look at your user manual about audio zoom that doesn't exist.  Apparently it's shoddy work to put down a feature that hasn't been implemented.

All in all, I like the droid x, but I've considered switching out to an I phone over the reboot issue.  I was playing a game this morning and it rebooted in the middle of it.  When I first started using the DX before I put apps in it, I found that simply unplugging the usb cable while computer was using the sd card, it caused it to reboot too.  Why reboot?  Why not just pop up a box like windows does stating the device is no longer available or some other error?

I'm not really sure if Motorola is COMPLETELY at fault for the issue.  It's also an Android issue that's causing it to be incompatible with the Motorola phones, since another poster had mentioned the same thing with the Incredible.

0 Likes