Droid X Update
pgh1992

Im in a area that only has 1x, no 3G at all and wanted to know how I was going to get the update on Wednesday. I saw the page on Verizon that told me to use wifi, but that does not work either. I turn wifi on and have a connection, but it wont search for updates, it wont even let me press the ' system updates' button. Just seeing if anyone had some thoughts on this.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Update
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

pgh1992 wrote:

Im in a area that only has 1x, no 3G at all and wanted to know how I was going to get the update on Wednesday. I saw the page on Verizon that told me to use wifi, but that does not work either. I turn wifi on and have a connection, but it wont search for updates, it wont even let me press the button that say ' system updates'. Just seeing if anyone had some thoughts on this.

not having a connection would not gray out the "system updates" softkey. 

I would reboot and then tomorrow, after noon o'clock  try it again.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

just to make sure i wasnt talking out my you know what...i turned off all connections on my phone.  went to settings, about phone, and pressed system updates.  the phone just said "check for update was not available at this time. try again later"

So...i don't think the "button" for system update is turned off or not working.

try again....tomorrow after rebooting.

Dj.

0 Likes
pgh1992

With my connections on or off it wont do anything, the only time it works is when i have 3G.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

pgh1992 wrote:

With my connections on or off it wont do anything, the only time it works is when i have 3G.

Not intending to come off rude, but that just doesnt sound right to me.  I would try clearing your system cache (it seems to be my favorite thing to suggest recently)

Hopefully someone else will have the same exact issue and reply here.  But I literally tried every configuration w/ data on off/ wifi on/off Airplane mode on/off.  The actual button never grayed out or didnt allow me to press it.

hope you figure it out.

0 Likes
wiscguy

yup same problem here. Im stuck in one spot at work unable to move to 3G coverage, but all I want to do is update my phone........so...close.......

0 Likes
pgh1992

wiscguy wrote:

yup same problem here. Im stuck in one spot at work unable to move to 3G coverage, but all I want to do is update my phone........so...close.......

Got mine to work, first turn on airplane mode, then enable wifi, but make sure airplane mode stays on. The button works fine that way not sure why i have to do it like that but it works. I got 2.2 last night

0 Likes