Droid X Gingerbread software rollback
Boaterdude

I've been using version 2.3.3 for a month or so, and am getting more and more frustrated by the day.  Prior to this release, I thought the phone was great.

So much is broken with this release.  In the past, I looked forward to the enhancements provided by upgrades, but no more.  What I find most annoying with this release, other than random slowdown and reboots, which render the phone useless, is that the GPS won't stay on.  Even though I have it set to on, it will only turn on while applications that use it are running.  Needless to say, those apps no longer work indoors, and when outside, one needs to wait for the gps to get a fix.  Then if you switch to another app that uses the gps, you begin the waiting process again because the gps will have shut down and then starts again for the next app that uses it.  With the previous version of the OS, apps would at least have the last known fix and would use that.  For me, this applies to tracks, maps, and real estate apps. 

Please tell me that there is a way to roll back the software to the prior version (Froyo?) and where I can find the porcedure to do so!

Thanks in advance,
-Jim 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X Gingerbread software rollback
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is no official way to revert to the previous version of the Android operating system on the phone. Any unofficial method CANNOT be discussed on this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is no official way to revert to the previous version of the Android operating system on the phone. Any unofficial method CANNOT be discussed on this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
leaving the GPS on all the time will drain the battey quickly so I really do not think that is what you want.... normally the lock only takes a few seconds to read location so the wait tshould be very short...

As for reverting back to previous version Ann hit the nail on the head, there isn't any official method to do this.
0 Likes