Droid X Contact List & Facebook?
LostGirl29

i just got the dx yesterday and added facebook.  all my friends on facebook is in my contacts.  does anyone know how to get facebook friends list off the contact list on the phone??????????????

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Contact List & Facebook?
moviebuff9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know what you mean!  I don't like this AT ALL!!  I tried to delete one of the FB contacts from my contact list on my phone and it said I had to delete them from my friends list on FB.  I don't want to do that.  This kinda sucks!!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

This thread has me very VERY concerned about adding/using the FB APP ....

Any techies out here have the right way to install/configure this?  Or a separate APP that does not do this?

0 Likes
JRLSNB
Contributor - Level 1
What i did is change your contacts view to "Favorites" and star all of the contacts that you want in that list.
0 Likes
Jen-X

i just activated my droid x yesterday and it did that to me too. unfortunately i havent found a way to delete those contacts from my droid x but to keep them on my friends list in fb and ms. helllllllllllpppppppppppp!

0 Likes
BDawg866
Enthusiast - Level 3
There is no way to get them off the phone. However, if you go to your contacts. At the top it says "Contacts: All Contacts". Just touch it and it will bring up a menu. Select Phone Contacts and only your phone contacts will be displayed. This will be the default.
0 Likes
deetotallyrocks

Coming from a Verizon customer who yet has not received their Droid X, I've done my share of reading for the past few weeks and came across this issue. I was also worried about this, I mean it's not like I don't talk to any of my Facebook friends, but the thing is that I don't need every single one of their phone numbers and other info on my phone. Anyhow, all I know is NOT to active the Facebook app that comes with the phone, which is pretty much the one in your social feed screen and just download a different Facebook app that is available on the app market. This is what I will definitely do once I get my phone, I really don't need this issue so I am definitely glad I read about it before activating my Facebook through the phone's pre-installed app. Maybe do a factory reset and start all over again? Then just go and download the Facebook app and go from there. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes
W3NS

Interesting!!  I have a Droid X and never had this problem - my Facebook Friends have never showed up in my Contacts list.  However, I have a friend who also has the Droid X and he has the problem - all of his Facebook Friends show up in his Contacts list.  I wonder why the difference??

0 Likes
NYsMissingStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

W3NS wrote:

Interesting!!  I have a Droid X and never had this problem - my Facebook Friends have never showed up in my Contacts list.  However, I have a friend who also has the Droid X and he has the problem - all of his Facebook Friends show up in his Contacts list.  I wonder why the difference??

I've had my Droid X for about 24 hours now.... and my facebook friends did end up in my contacts list... so I deleted the facebook account.. went back to add it.. and changed my facebook preferences...so they wouldn't show up in my contact list... 

0 Likes
stashstorm

How did you access Facebook Preferences to keep FB list out of contacts list on Droid X?

0 Likes