Droid Turns Itself Off???
Suigeneris

Example- Went into the city over the weekend, pulled out the droid and said,"Watch this!" Turned on "maps", which opened showing my location as being back home and, zap!, turned itself off completely. Not good in a crowd of onlookers. I turned it back on, put it in my pocket and walked a block, pulled it back out and it was off again. This went on for several more tries. Yes, the battery is at a full charge. Yes, I had 4 bars of coverage. No, I have no idea why this contraption tempts me to skip it across san fran bay but, its gonna happen!!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turns Itself Off???
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Suigeneris wrote:

Example- Went into the city over the weekend, pulled out the droid and said,"Watch this!" Turned on "maps", which opened showing my location as being back home and, zap!, turned itself off completely. Not good in a crowd of onlookers. I turned it back on, put it in my pocket and walked a block, pulled it back out and it was off again. This went on for several more tries. Yes, the battery is at a full charge. Yes, I had 4 bars of coverage. No, I have no idea why this contraption tempts me to skip it across san fran bay but, its gonna happen!!!

have you done any battery pulls?  it helps.

if you have, you might have a defective battery.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Hello Willanya.Good to see you back!

I would say possibly it too that the battery is defective.Warranty does cover the battery if it is defective. Did you happen to maybe get the phone wet at all?

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had this happen occasionally with my Droid.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Can happen with any app.  It is frustrating.

I have no solutions for you, just that you're not alone.  I see from the other responses that the battery is a likely culprit.  I think the next time it happens to me, I'll take it in and get a battery replacement.  Probably a good idea for you too.

Good Luck.

p.s. I have tried battery pulls, no joy.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Suigeneris wrote:

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your phone and I can certainly look into it for you.   Does the phone only go off when you access the Maps or does it do it with any applications?  How often does this happen?

Waiting on you reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
EricS336

Mine turns off when I go to look at new text messages. This just started last night for me.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

EricS336 wrote:

Mine turns off when I go to look at new text messages. This just started last night for me.

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your phone turning off.   Are you using a text messaging application or are you using the default messaging application that is on the phone?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
EricS336

It is the default messaging application but it seems like it is working fine now. Just needed some time to work itself out I guess.

0 Likes
lvnlife15

I am having the same problem... and I am using the default messaging.. it just started one day everytime I went to click on messages to answer a message or send on the phone would turn off and then restart itself..kinda crazy

0 Likes
get2chris

I have a brand new (today) that keeps turning itself off.  How annoying on a brand new phone and my first experience with a smartphone at that.  Now I have to spends hours on the phone and drive to the store so it will worki?

0 Likes