Re: Droid Price ?
nurmia
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok so I upgraded my phone on Aug.2009 not knowing the DROID would be coming out. How much will the price be if I purchase the Droid since I already upgraded in August 2009?

0 Likes
MAzing87

nurmia wrote:

ok so I upgraded my phone on Aug.2009 not knowing the DROID would be coming out. How much will the price be if I purchase the Droid since I already upgraded in August 2009?

You and I will most likely have to pay retail price. I haven't upgraded yet, but we both are verizon customers. I really want that phone and it looks like I'll have to fork over the cash for it.

Unless anyone can help prevent me paying full price on Friday, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

NE2 price for Droid will be $199 with a $100 mail in rebate or $99 online.  If you are up for NE2.  I don't know where the cut off is.  I will still get $100 but after that it goes to the $30 for low end rate plans and $50 for the higher end rate plans.  Low end being non friends and family and high end being friends and family qualified.  The old one was $50 for the low end (same qualifier except there wasn't  f&f plans then) and $100 for high end.  You have to have had the qualifying rate plan for 3 months prior to the NE2 qualification.  So like my NE2 is November 21 so if I had a 39.99 plan I would be getting $50 but because I have had a second tier plan for more than the last 3 months I get $100.  Next year it is $30 and $50 which means I will probably do the early upgrade after a 12 months cause it isn't really worth waiting for $50 bucks when new awesome phones are coming out all the time now.  by my 12 month early upgrade I should be able to get a 1gHz phone for $200. 

0 Likes