Droid Price ?
nike86

OK so I have the new every two plan.  I am not eligible for an upgrade discount till April.   I want to buy the Droid on Friday.   Will I still be able to get this phone at the $199.99 price as long as I extend my contract 2 yrs?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Price ?
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Not likely as your NE2 upgrade for a discounted price is not until April...  However, if you have to have it and cannot wait... Go into a VZW communications store and see if they'll work with you.  The Store Manager has some wiggle-room, but it will depend on his/her decision.

0 Likes
nike86

OK so I went to myVerizon and signed in.  It showed my ne2 was in April but I still selected upgrade phone.  When I did that it took me back to the page of phones and they were all at the new 2 yr contract price.  So in other words I could get the Rouge for like 80 bucks and some phones were free.  So it looks like I get the discount at this point for a new 2 yr contract and the Droid should be $199.99 for me.  I think in April I would get another amount off also from that but as long as I don't have to pay retail (aka 600 droid or whatever)

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

Consider this. Buy the Droid at promo price as an addiitonal family-share line. Swap the numbers to get your phone number on the Droid. Let a friend or family member use your other line to ride out the contract.

0 Likes
nike86

not a bad idea if need be.  Thanks.

0 Likes
thilber

I have the New Every Two  feature that isn't eligible for upgrade until January.. I'm willing to begin a new 2-year contract. Does anyone know how much the Droid will be on the 6th without the New Every Two upgrade?

0 Likes
Griphos

I don't think Verizon has published the retail price, but Best Buy has it for $599.  Your NE2 is a $50 discount off of 2 year contract prices.  You're likely eligible for 2 year contract prices even though your NE2 date is still a few months out.  You'll just not get the additional $50 discount.  If you can go online and upgrade now and it shows 2 year contract prices, then you're good to go.  You'll be able to get the Droid for $199 (after rebate). 

0 Likes
Axis

Thought most people received $100.00 for the NE2 and another $50.00 for V.I.P. Perk,  for a total of $150.00 toward the new phones...  That's how its always been here....  Just went through the routine.... Again..........

......am the survivor of a thousand psychotic wars..........Axis

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

If you are past the 1 year point in your 2 year contract, you may upgrade at the 2 year price without a problem... but will extend your contract out by 2 years.

You won't get the extra 30, 50 or 100 off for the NE2 discount.

Some Verizon managers in store will act like they are doing you a favor. They really are not, they are doing what they are allowed to do. (I heard one in the store today telling a customer that because he was a manager, he could probably get him an upgrade... I bit my toungue and walked out of the store, cause I knew he was not doing a favor.) I will be driving further next Friday to get my phone, as I do not like people that lie.

If you have a problem next Friday getting the phone in the store, order it online for $199. You will save the tax, not have to deal with the rebate and will get the phone quickly.

0 Likes
eetchickn

Two questions:

What is the new every two price for the droid likely to be?

My wife is due for new every two the day the droid comes out. How would I go about switching the phone numbers if she gets it for me?

Thanks

0 Likes