Droid Incredible for Music
JJackson2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

All other Verizon phones I've had have been really horrible for listening to music. How is the Droid Incredible? Is it possible? If so, how is it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Incredible for Music
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

The Droid has an adequate music player in it. If you're looking for iPod functionality, you'll be sorely disappointed, I'm afraid. I use mine a lot because the whole "one device" thing works well for me in the car, but it doesn't hold a candle to my iPod. There are alternative players available in the market, but none of them will probably compare to an iPod.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

The Droid has an adequate music player in it. If you're looking for iPod functionality, you'll be sorely disappointed, I'm afraid. I use mine a lot because the whole "one device" thing works well for me in the car, but it doesn't hold a candle to my iPod. There are alternative players available in the market, but none of them will probably compare to an iPod.

0 Likes
JJackson2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the input. I have an iTouch but I would rather store all my media on my Droid Incredible.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Exact same situation here. I travel so much for work, it's just more convenient to only carry one device. I only wish that I could have the full functionality of my touch instead of the seemingly "stripped down" player that you get with the Droid. I mean, it pretty much has the basics - playlists, shuffle, sort by artist, song, etc, but not much beyond that. No sound adjustments or anything. Playlist creation on the phone is a pretty clunky experience too.

Like I said, it does the job, but it's not pretty.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

y0diggity wrote:

I wonder when iPod and functionality started being used together in a positive light.  It has always amazed me how people worshiped iPod.  Yeah it was a cool device but when it came out technologically it was the most limited and limiting music player on the market.  It took off because well Apple is a marketing giant and they do it really awesome.  It became cool simply because Apple said it was.  Because of its popularity digital music has been in a downward spiral of one way transfers and a single control that operates everything.  So yeah the media players of which there are a ton on the market will have more controls and make it easier to find stuff so you will hate it.  It isn't like the iPod at all. 

0 Likes