Droid Charge deleted all contacts...how to recover?
jtanner648

I have a Droid Charge by Samsung and today it decided to delete all of my contacts.  I use Backup Assistant, the problem is, as soon as all the contacts deleted, my phone ran a sync (even though it was not the scheduled time) and now I only have the 4 Verizon contacts.  Is there a way to recover a past sync?  Any suggestions before I do harm to my phone?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge deleted all contacts...how to recover?
Brakilia

I can't help...but this same exact problem happened to me today. After an hour on the phone with Verizon they opened a "trouble file" hoping to recover the lost contacts from the backup assistant. The tech didn't sound very optimistic that there would be a favorable outcome, though. Somewhat of a small relief that I'm not the only one this is happening to.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It may be because most of your contacts are saved as Google contacts and only those four are saved to your phone. Try this: Open your contacts app, tap the menu key and select View. Check all the options you want to view.

Another thing to try: Go to Settings, then Accounts & Sync. (This may have a different name in your Charge menu ... I have a different Android phone.) Press the icons to sync with Google.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I would be lost without all my important contacts jtanner648! I need to keep in touch at all times!

The Google suggestion is a great option from SydneyK. As an additional option, have you tried accessing Backup Assistant from your computer? You should be able to retrieve your contacts there if they have been inadvertently sent to your trash folder.

Take a look at this helpful link! http://tiny.cc/s31xkw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cab_guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this happen too.  Was looking for solutions under my account.  They do not make this easy to find and even it you bookmark it, it just takes you back to the login page.  You to go to the backup assistant page on verizonwireless.com/backupassistant,  That is where it stores the phone contacts when sync is run on your phone with Backup Assistant.  You will see two folder tabs CONTACTS    TRASH.  You will find all your contacts in the trash folder.  Click the check mark to select all your contacts that were trashed and click the arrow next to the gear looking icon.  Select Undelete and it should move them back to the Contacts folder.  Then click on the red SYNC icon in the upper right corner of the page.  It will take a few minutes (5 to 10) for you contacts to reappear on your phone.

Another thing I found was that if I want to use the Group categories, it only allows a max of 6 contacts in any group.  Why does Verizon bother.  Their apps are just trash and we are stuck with them.  They are absolutely dead-on with apps that collect my money though.  By the way, the reason I found your post, was this happened to me again today and I was hoping to find a permanent solution.

Verizon support has no clue.  The post made by JonathanK_VZW in this stream is an example.

ccurran
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you cab_guy.  This just worked for me.  So frustrating that it even happened!  Can't wait to get rid of my Charge!

0 Likes
Julie329

>> Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violations per the ToS

See   for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes