Re: Droid Charge Network connection Problems
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Yourbrokenoven i had the same issue i had 6 replacement phones while i was told it is my service area on the 6 th phone i got a guy who admitted that the charge has ISSUES and suggested a different phone and since i have switched to the tb i have had very little connection issues.
0 Likes
JonnyQwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to a Verizon Wireless store today to discuss this issue with a tech and hopefully get a different phone. I even talked to the Manager when my problem went unresolved.

Here is what I learned:

1. There are no known issues with connectivity concerning the Samsung Charge.

2. They have had sporadic network outages... that could be the problem. (Mine has been down about 1 month, so... nuh uh)

3. The phone allegedly worked in the hands of the tech and manager, however, when handed off to me, there was no data connection. An attempted data upload failed.

4. They could do a hard reset (Who can't?)

5. They could do a hard reset, then if it continued to display the behavior, replace my new phone with a refurbished unit.

6. I could upgrade another line and extend that contract... and pay another $200 (OR, I could just go to AT&T, Deuchebags.. duh, and eff you)

I have had the SIM card replaced, that helped for a day... and the VZW tech was nice enough to acknowledge issues with the phone. I can respect that, it means you are working on it.

Trying to convince me there are no problems with a {word filter avoidance} phone and giving me the run around is an insult to my intelligence. I'd just as soon light a pot of thermite above the phone which would be wrapped in bags of gasoline, while making a video for youtube. I could title it "Verizon Charge finally connects"

Longer story short, it isn't the phone, you're just holding it wrong. :smileywink:

Ken_N_Spokane

My Charge worked flawlessly until the last software update. Now it will show 3 or 4 bars in a solid 4g area - and report the network is not available.  I have been a customer of verizon for many years due to the coverage area, that may change since Verizon is aware of this issue and isn't working to resolve it.. I have 5 phones on a family plan, two with data packs - and pay $280 per month. and no data most of the time now..

0 Likes
leighmarker
Enthusiast - Level 3

whats the deal?  I have had my phone for over a year and in the last two days I get "network unavailable".  I can't use data I can't even use the phone for a call?  I have restarted, pulled the battery, etc.  Why would everything be fine for a year and then BOOM no network?  I didn't move, I work int he same place .....have they moved cell towers or something? (I know nothing about the technical part of cell towers-just wondering).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ken,

I apologize that you are having network issues. Do you have any problems connecting to our 3G network? Can you connect to a Wifi network? Do you have a problem holding either the 3g or Wifi connections? Please give more details so I can help resolve this issue.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandhunt

I am having the same problem as Ken.  I have a Droid 2 but no 3 G.  It has worked perfectly as for the last year.  I can connect to my WIFI at home, but if I leave home, NO internet. 

<Personal information deleted for privacy.> is easiest way to contact me.  I had a very difficult time finding this forum on this site.  I was looking for a phone number to call.  The nearest Verizon store is 30 miles away. 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LBShawn2000

Network unavailable pops up randomly in the same area around my neighborhood.

Tried to duplicate the problem but seems random. The phone seems to have a hard time checking for service.

I purchased the network extended about 6 months ago because of the decline of service in and around my home. All my previous phones over the years worked fine in my house, seems signal/or service was adjusted at some point and everything went downhill 7-8months ago. Nothing has changed in my house in that timeframe, so no excuse i could find.

Seems when i leave my house in the morning, the phone snaps the connection form the extender about a 300 feet away, and fails to recognize the available 3G. I'll watch as i drive down the street and it finally just gives up and says no service available until i reboot the darn thing. (i tried the on/off airplane mode to no avail) I am 10+ miles from the supposed 4G area, and 3G is spotty around my town regardless of the VZ coverage area.

Coming home is a different story, as the phone goes from 4G to 3G and I'll keep 3G all the way to my home, and then even in my home even with it connecting to the extender. (my biggest hang-up with the extender is the phone still has issues retrieving voice mail, and not all calls come through)

Looks like i just updated the software so lets see what happens....

I am interested in purchasing a similar samsung phone, but i really like this phone and would hate to buy something else if i dont need to.

0 Likes
RTeynor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had little to no data connectivity since the latest patch rolled out to my Droid Charge on Sunday Aug 19.  I was outside in a normally 4G area where I have had no problems for the past 10 months, and I had NO data connection.  I restarted the phone, still no access.

0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone went from 3G to 4G last week and I got the update the same day. Everything seems to be fine, but when I put my phone into the desk cradle overnight, I lose the 4G connection and have to reboot every morning. I need to use the cradle because that is my alarm clock.

0 Likes
lgruelle83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had similar problems, my phone didn't wanna connect, then i stopped getting all my text messages, and when I did get them it was always in doubles.  I don't always have service even when the other people around me have Verizon and they have great service.  I had a Verizon rep tell my husband that the phone is garbage, and not to buy Samsung in general.  But that didn't help us as we clearly missed that memo from our initial rep.  Now I want to upgrade my phone, willing to pay the upgrade renewal price and they don't want to let me.  Even though my phone doesn't work.  Apparently they would rather loose monthly income and customers who pay their bill on time, than allow someone to upgrade because of all the difficulties with their phone.  Stupid!

0 Likes