Re: Droid 2 touch screen problems
BionicUser82
Enthusiast - Level 1

My roommate is having the issue too. If you open the keyboard just a little, the touch screen will work fine. It is when it is open all of the way or closed all of the way when it doesn't work.

Hope this helps get you through until you can replace the POS.

RobertLauriston
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid 2 has the same problem. I took it to the store and the guy was familiar with the issue, said it was a hardware problem, they're shipping me a replacement. Definitely pays to buy the extended warranty.

0 Likes
1jas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my 4th Droid 2,  as is my son.  They are a great phone when they work, which is not very often.  My plan is up and I will either get another type of phone, or another provider, or both.  How anyone can deny that these things are a major lemon is far beyond me.  If you carry your phone in your pocket, do not get a Droid.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 1jas,

I am so sorry you are unhappy with your device! I want you to have a phone you can rely on! We really don't want you to leave! What kind of problems are you having? We want to get this fixed!

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
1jas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your email Katie, but after nearly two years of replacements, updates, etc, I realize there is no fix for the Motorola droid 2. My experience is not only with my own phone, but my son’s and several other people that I know that have it. There is not just “a” problem, they continually evolve with new problems. Things such as locking up, automatically shutting down, automatically jumping between screens, starting up by itself (particularly irritating when on an airplane). Last week I opened an email and when I hit reply it sent the email to the email address other than the sender.

I have visited with Verizon personnel many times. The first time they claimed it was a poor battery, then the particular phone may be defective , then updates were suggested as the problem, then the particular phone again, then maybe apps were the problem. It just never ends and the amazing thing is, several people that I know are experiencing the same problem, but Motorola and Verizon representatives claim that they are unfamiliar those problems. The only commonality which I have found is that most of the people experiencing these problems carry the phone close to their body or in their pocket, so perhaps the phone was not designed for heat. At any rate, it is unreliable and extremely frustrating.

I will not own another droid and since my contract is coming to an end, I am looking seriously at the iphone 4s and providers which offer it. I notice that Verizon has the iphone 4s, can I continue my current contract and purchase the iphone 4s at the reduced rate?

Thanks again for your interest.

Jerry

celtictattgirl

I am having the same problem! No clue why. I have tried a factory reset, updates, you name it and its still tweaking. Now my home button wont work. Seriously frustrated and I have NO INTENTION of buying a new phone under the new every 2 as I will lose my current package, nor am I interested in spending the amount that the phones are excessively marked up.

0 Likes
1jas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  Since Verizon does not show loyalty to us by offering to sell a new phone at reduced cost, I  feel no loyalty to them and am looking at other providers.  Money is tight and I will find the provider that will meet our needs for the lowest cost.  I'll let you know what I find.

poolecas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ughhhhhhh I am having touch screen problem. I have tired all of the suggestions but  nothing is working. This sucks I can't even answer my call because the slide lock is on..... Need some Help. So ready to endm my contract with Verizon. Dare not call their customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi celtictattgirl,

I apologize for the delayed response and I am hopeful your issue has been resolved since the original date of your post! If not, I can happily assist you. At your convenience, please DM me your wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your involvement in our community forums,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

poolecas, I know this is becoming frustrating, but I don't want it to cause you to leave!  I am here to help!  Which model Motorola Droid do you have?  When did the touch screen problems start?  Have you recently downloaded any applications?  If so, I suggest removing the apps and retesting.  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes