Re: Droid 2, random restart when unlocking.
rklewis1005

Same here nothing (including battery resets, resetting to factory, etc) seem to help. 

0 Likes
NeX

Just got my Droid 2 Global almost a week ago, and I have the same thing.. Everyone in a while the phone will reboot on an unlock.. doesnt seem to have a rhyme or reason to it..

Have quite a few Apps on the Auto End List thinking that maybe the RAM was maxed out.. no luck there, still does it

0 Likes
kipp

Mine has been doing it since I got it as an upgrade from an Ally. I have removed the battery, reset to factory, removed the battery (no that isn't a typo) removed aps, no luck on anything, Was told by Verizon that this is a known problem. Wish they could come up w a fix since it is a known problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I see you all have been through quite a bit of troubleshooting. I checked our product issues and I see a similar issue with power cycling being escalated to our product team. I would like some additional information. For the people having this issue, can you send me a PM with:

1. Your 10 digit mobile number
  2. Your MEID (Settings, About phone, Status)
  3. Your System & Baseband Versions (Settings, About phone)

Thank you,

0 Likes
Allchevyman

I have been experiencing the same issues recently. I have gone throught and killed apps and even removed some to see if this was the problem with no luck. I am wondering if and when we get the gb update if this will fix this issue and even fix battery life issues. I like the phone but these little issues are just driving me crazy.

0 Likes
Sunshine24

I regret buying the Droid 2.  I am on my third phone in three months.  First phone - speaker issue, second phone random reoboot and now the third phone just started with the random reboot.   In reading all the posts, how can Motorola keep recycling this crap.   Known issue, no known solution - this just should not be tolerated.   The only connection I can make with this reboot is it started after my battery went dead.  After charging it back up, the random rebooting started.   Third phone in three months, do they not understand how you personalize your phone and how it all takes time to set back up to your liking.   Just wanted to add my name to the list of disappointed customers!

0 Likes
randomhero1884

I've had my Droid 2 for about 6 months now and I just started getting this problem as well.  It shuts off when I'm the phone is not even being used.  I just went to the Verizon store to see if they could help me and all they did was give me an 800 number.  I called and was put on hold for over 45 minutes.  I would love to get some help with this.  This phone has been awful since I got it and I still have over a year before I can upgrade.

0 Likes
Ducky6786

I'm on my third Droid 2 Global and they have all had the same issues out of the box, without me instaling any apps. Mind you it's the end of July and I bought the phone in June.  

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having random reboots, like the phone does it when it feels like it. Hope they find a fix for this issue soon. At first i thought it was the phone fixing an issue because cache was not clearing, now it is just getting annoying and happening more often.

0 Likes
real4life

On my 4th Droid here....same issues as each of you.  Neither Motorola nor Verizon care about phone issues anymore. And obviously about customer service.  I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years and things are going downhill quickly.  I'm done with both.

0 Likes