Droid 2 Global calendar does not sync to Web
RobertLauriston
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sync works only one way: appointments I enter in my phone show up in my Google Calendar on the Web. Appointments I enter on the Web rarely or never show up on my phone.

Looking at the Calendar settings in my phone's Calendar app, my Google account shows as "synced, visible," but my phone calendar shows as "not synced, visible." I can't change the latter to "synced, visible"; the only other choice is "not synced, not visible."

Clearly this is a bug or software configuration error, but after going through Verizon tech support, getting escalated  to level 2, getting transferred to Motorola tech support, and getting escalated to level 2 there, they insist on my returning the phone for repair.

For the record, hard reset did not help. The Sync Calendar thing in Settings > Accounts has no effect. Android 2.3.3.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid 2 Global calendar does not sync to Web
RobertLauriston
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh me of little faith. The replacement phone syncs both ways. I guess there must be some data corruption that persists past a hard reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global calendar does not sync to Web
RobertLauriston
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh me of little faith. The replacement phone syncs both ways. I guess there must be some data corruption that persists past a hard reset.

0 Likes