Re: Droid 2 Global Not acting very global
hpkiv

I wasted my 14 day usage and return on the potential that this was a one time problem, so I came home did *228 and left two weeks later only to have the same issue again.  Need to take this one off the shelf because it is not doing Verizon any good being out there in a global market.  Last trip two weeks ago, I had to remove the battery each day to get it to get on the network, it makes calls but the data does not push or fetch reliably. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

hpkiv wrote:

I wasted my 14 day usage and return on the potential that this was a one time problem, so I came home did *228 and left two weeks later only to have the same issue again.  Need to take this one off the shelf because it is not doing Verizon any good being out there in a global market.  Last trip two weeks ago, I had to remove the battery each day to get it to get on the network, it makes calls but the data does not push or fetch reliably. 

I would like to help.  Was getting on the network an issue only outside the United States?  What country were you traveling in?  

For further global support, please call 800-711-8300. The global support team is 24/7 for troubleshooting while traveling internationally.

Thank you!

0 Likes
salzanot

Love my Droid 2 Global at home in U.S., can't get any service here in Spain, which is why I bought a "Global" phone in the first place.  Can't call the 800 number because I don't have service......

0 Likes
ladylawyer42

I just got back from the UK and Tanzania, and my new Droid 2 Global would not work in either country, in any location, despite having called Verizon support to request activation and despite having paid for a month of data service.  When I returned, customer support was unable to tell me why I could not connect.  The phone clearly saw networks available, but consistently returned a "no service message."  I emailed global support from my hotel in London, but got no response. 

What does one have to do to get these phones to work internationally as advertised?

0 Likes
addrich

Same thing.  Bought it specifically as a global phone.  Spent 40 minutes on the phone activating SIM card then pushing *228.  Worked maybe 15% of the time in Germany.  Talked to Verizon tech while in Germany.  They said no problem.  Despite having a Vodafone SIM card the phone never picked a Vodafone network and I was in Dresden, Berlin, Frankfurt.  Verizon says "no guarantee of service."  Will not let me cancel the line without charging me.  In short, Verizon is selling a product that will probably not work as something that will be seamless.  A sham from my perspective.  Verizon says I should have called when the phone did not work.  Yes, spend my vacation talking to Verizon.  Let me know when the class action starts. 

0 Likes
hpkiv

well i see from all the responses that this is definitely a Verizon/Droid 2 global issue.  After trying to work this out with Verizon now for over 90 days i gave up and just had my faithful blackberry unlocked and bought a prepaid SIM.  The prepaid works just like the old global phone did without fail and the best part is it is only $0.40/minute vs $1.99.  So i guess i can say thanks to Verizon for saving me north of $200 per month on phone bills, and say too bad as well in the same breath.   Anyway, my company and my personal phone will not have global coverage any longer with Verizon and I hope I will not have to use their services outside of the US again.  They should have stood behind what they sold me and this would have never been an issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

@addrich Thanks for posting.  In order to resolve your issue please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and see what kind of options we have for you? Thanks.

0 Likes
Jambi710
I am currently in the Netherlands from the USA and I have the droid 2 global when I called Verizon and asked if anything indeed to be done before I got here for it to work here they said no it will automatically pick up a signal and work yet I got here and it does not I have tried switching out of the global network to find networks here to connect to with no luck please can someone help me
0 Likes
mariellen

Same problem in France. It finds Bouygues and Orange but gives a "no service" error message. The same phone worked in France last summer, and I haven't changed anything. Very irritating.

0 Likes