Droid 2.2 update issues
popral

After the 2.2 update I'm having problems while the phone is in use.  I'll be talking and all of the sudden the other party can't hear me but I can hear them.  The same thing will happen when I make a call.  The other party keeps saying "hello" but can't hear me when I talk.  It's extremely frustrating!  Any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.2 update issues
Beanie1974

I have the same problems.  The mute button just turns on, or the microphone turns off and it takes forever to get to the call screen to unmute it.  It will also turn the number keyboard on randomly while on a phone call and start beeping like I am hitting buttons.  I have to hold my phone away from my face completely for the keypad to not turn on.  And I can't even begin to tell you how many times it hangs up in the middle of a conversation. 

These are just a couple of my issues specially after the new update.  I am currently on my 3rd Droid in 2 months and have to go back to Verizon tomorrow because the touchscreen on this 'refurbed' phone has decided not to work periodically. 

I have NEVER been so dissappointed in a phone that I paid so much for.  I wish I could get my money back and go back to my LG Dare.  I have even tried contacting Motorola directly and their response is that I can send my phone in and they will fix it and send it back. 

I'm ready to jump ship to AT&T.  I haven't heard of Iphone users having these type of problems.  Maybe their customer service is better too...even slightly would be better than dealing with Verizon.  I have been with Verizon forever...but I am fed up!

If anyone has any suggestions or knows what the heck the issue is...it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
popral

Did your problems start after the last update?  My son has an iphone and his last update messed his up to the point he quit using it for the time being.  He hasn't had time to go and get it fixed.  It sounds like there are update problems everywhere!

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It seems something in your phone settings has become corrupt. I would recommend performing a hard reset to clear this up. The instructions to performing the reset are listed below:

Performing a factory reset via settings

The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.

Press HOME

> MENU,

then tap Settings.

Scroll down the screen,

and then tap Privacy

> Factory data reset.

On the Factory data reset screen,

tap Reset phone,

and then tap Erase everything.

Once you have done this it should resolve your issue. Hope this helps.

0 Likes