Downloaded a Ringtone
Burns10

Now how do you set it as your ringtone I cant figure it out

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Downloaded a Ringtone
khalford

After purchasing a Ringtone through Verizon they will send you a MMS text message.  The message will be from number 000-000-000.  Open the message .  It will say something like "Congratulations! You have successfully purchased your Verizon Wireless ringtone."  Play the tone by tapping on the icon with the media play/music note. After playing press the menu key -> then select "Save Audio." 

Now go to "Settings."  Select "Sound & Display."   Select "Phone Ringtone."  Scroll to the bottom of your ringtones.  Your new ringtone will be named something like "MMS_11111dm" with other numbers in place of the 1s.  Select it and press "OK."

I renamed my ringtone with the name of the tune I purchased but it still showed in my list of ringtones with that odd naming convention the used above.

0 Likes
alocksley

You can also take any .mp3 file on your PC and copy it to the DROID, then go into phone options and set as your ringtone, either for the phone (default) or a different one for each individual.

Why pay for ringtones?

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1

I totally agree.  I put all my music from the computer to the X.  Now I have hundreds of "ringtones" to choose from and they're all free.

0 Likes
Droid-X

You deserve a Kudo for your reply!

0 Likes
klash1960

Just wanted to say thanks for the help.....and can you tell me if there is a way to use the songs you get from your computer as ringback tones???? 

thanks again....:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
mauldin2816

My file is not showing up in the phone ringtone as an option after I save it.  Could it be anywhere else?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might give Zedge a try when you listen to a Ringtone or Look at a Wallpaper from Zedge you can either Save it or Set it as a Ringtone or Wallpaper on your Home screen the minute you select it..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have to move the file to sd card / media / audio / ringtone..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Using%20Custom%20Ringers%20-%20Android.gif

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is something How you do that with Animation Wildman your gonna have to tell how you that in D.M. of Course)   give it up b

0 Likes