Default music player starts automatically when headphones are plugged in.
guyonthehill

I've read through a lot of the other posts seeing if anyone else is having this issue; but I have run across anything to help...

When I plug my headphones into my DROID X, the factory installed music player starts playing automatically.  Does anyone out there know how to stop the phone from doing this?  I use a different music player, and I've tried everything I can think of to get the default installed player to stop playing; but haven't been successful.  Anyone have any suggestions???  HELP!!!!  :smileytongue:

0 Likes
Re: Default music player starts automatically when headphones are plugged in.
cadcoke5

Same problem here, but it has recently become exacerbated by a headphone jack that doens't make perfect connections. This causes the meda player to start on its own, and pause at random intervals.  In my case, it can even get into a constant loop of pause-unpause about 2 times a second.

If there were a software fix that would disable this feature, it may be better than a warranty replacement, since this seems to be a problem with many of the DX's.

0 Likes
Helios

Same problem here. Headphone jack is a very big problem too (my headphones themselves are good because I use them on my computer also) first thing a verizon employee asks is if my headphones are okay. Haven't they seen this problem before?

If the headphone jack moves a little bit the playback stops. Other problem is for the past two weeks, whenever I play something, the songs play and pause and play-pause-play-pause all the time. It is annoying

I am ready to throw my Droid X phone in the trash. This is a horrible & traumatizing experience to deal with this phone. Motorola is garbage. Will never go for it again. Am ready for iphone5. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There is a option under stock player to have the music starts playing when headset is plugged in, you just have to turn yjis option off..

If you have another music player app installed, that is most likely where you will have to change the setting. Most stock music app also does not have a setting to automatically start music when plugging in my headset or headphones, but the others do so i have to go through and disable that option in the app's settings. This may also include apps such as Pandora or any that play music.

0 Likes