Dead touchscreen... horrible customer service....
LarryBeall

So I have been dying to get my hands on my new DROID X since I ordered the thing in-store on 7/25. I finally receive it today to not be able to do anything on the touch screen.  It won't even let me touch the little droid to get started.  Disappointed, but figure it happens.  So I call customer service explain the problem, she of course asks if I tried removing the battery and put it in.  Which I had.  She then decides she will try to call area stores to see if they have one they could exchange.  I chuckle, because this thing has been sold out since it was released and all the stores are closed in the area.  She of course comes back to the phone and tells me that the stores are closed and that she can ship me another one out, but I would need to put a credit on my account for the full price of the phone until they receive the phone back.  I asked her if she was truly serious that she wanted me to pay a second time for a phone that arrived dead.  She assured me that she was quite serious.  I said I would go in to the store and get this resolved tomorrow.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Lets punish the customer for having a defective phone.  BRILLIANT.

0 Likes
Re: Dead touchscreen... horrible customer service....
jmorton10

would you rather they made you send in the defective one & then send the new one out after they received it??

~John

0 Likes
LarryBeall

Thinking that is a better option than telling a customer of something like 6 years that just put down 320$, waited two weeks to get a defective unit and then tell them oh by the way you need to pay another 320$ before we will send you another.

0 Likes
dadsterflip

all i can tell you is call again. get a different VZ customer service who is alot better at giving you the right service. They should be able to charge you account with the price until they recieve the old one. thats what ive been doing and since your with VZ for 6 years i don't think they would have problem with it. Ive returned by defective blown speaker on incredible and they'ave always treated me good.

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

It's a way to keep people honest.  If you're sent another device at no charge and you decide to not send back the original then you are sitting on roughly $1200 of retail equipment that you only paid $199.99 for.  No company can afford to take that kind of hit over and over again.  Like it's been stated before, at least you don't have to sit around and send your equipment back and then wait for processing in order to get another one.  With the backorder that could put you into September before you could get another phone. 

0 Likes
LarryBeall

The guys @ the Verizon store were awesome.  They did everything they could to just return it and mail a new one to me with out making me pay.  They finally cancelled and reordered it for me.  Which actually ended up saving me 100$ because I didn't have to do a rebate on the phone.

0 Likes