Dead DROID Incredible
mamajo

Dropped my Incredible in water for 5 seconds max.  Phone won't power on.  All my pictures are on the hard drive instead of

the SD card.  Is there anyway I can get my pictures?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dead DROID Incredible
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi mamajo,

I know pictures can be priceless so I hope we can get yours from your phone.  I see you posted your inquiry about a week ago.  Has this been resolved?  If the phone won't turn on, there isn't a way to retrieve any pictures; however, since time has passed, maybe the phone will turn on now so you can at least transfer the pictures.  

When you device gets wet, in any way, it is best to remove the battery and the cover for about 24 hours.  (Some people say it helps to put all 3 pieces in uncooked rice, which will absorb the water, for 24 hours.  Once the 24 hours have passed, you can put the device back together and it should turn back on.)  However, if the device will not turn back on, there is not a way to retrieve any media.  

If you need additional assistance, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to help you!

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi mamajo,

I know pictures can be priceless so I hope we can get yours from your phone.  I see you posted your inquiry about a week ago.  Has this been resolved?  If the phone won't turn on, there isn't a way to retrieve any pictures; however, since time has passed, maybe the phone will turn on now so you can at least transfer the pictures.  

When you device gets wet, in any way, it is best to remove the battery and the cover for about 24 hours.  (Some people say it helps to put all 3 pieces in uncooked rice, which will absorb the water, for 24 hours.  Once the 24 hours have passed, you can put the device back together and it should turn back on.)  However, if the device will not turn back on, there is not a way to retrieve any media.  

If you need additional assistance, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to help you!

Thank you,

0 Likes
Bigfoot46555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried plugging in the USB cable and seeing if connecting to your computer will let you see the phone's drives so you can copy the pictures off? Just a thought.

0 Likes