Data problems
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3
My droid, starting last night won't connect via data. Airplane mode is off, I have a perfect signal and have revolted and battery pulled multiple times. I haven't done anything different or installed any new apps or anything. The last thing I did before it stopped working was a normal call to one of my friends. The only other thing I can think to try is a factory reset but I don't want to lose all my apps.Any suggestions or how can I back everything up if I do a full reset? Thank you! I've had the phone for a month and a half and this just started. I haven't dropped my phone or anything.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Data problems
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3
I meant restarted not revolted, sorry I'm typing on my iPad
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Does it show 3G or 1x up near beside the signal bars?  Installed any apps recently like a task killer or anything else?

As far as a factory reset, your contacts, calendar and apps should be synced with Google.  Froyo (Android 2.2) should automatically download all of the apps you had previously after a factory reset once you login to your Google account.  If you have a lot of apps, I'd suggest connecting to wifi if you have access once you sign in to your google account. Any app data or game progress won't carry over and will likely be lost.  Texts can be backed up via free apps from the market like SMS Backup & Restore but that won't include any mms or picture messages you have.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah I have Froyo 2.2 and it only has the cell signal bars up there and most of the time I have 5 bars no prob.  So I think I'll do the factory reset.  The only game I have on there is texas hold em and it links to an online account so I would just need to login to get my chips back and all.  Calendar wise I use Google so that's all backed up on their site.   Thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted as to the results!  :smileywink:

0 Likes