Data Roaming
pingpchamp

I'm just wondering what it means for my phone to be data roaming...if i enable data usage when data roaming, am I going to get an enormous bill in the mail from Verizon?  Or can i just use it regardless and its part of the data package i already pay for?  Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Re: Data Roaming
Wildman
Legend

Yes, when you are on roaming you get charged for every minute or KB.

0 Likes
geochapman
Enthusiast - Level 3

What about when you are on the extended network?

0 Likes
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2
You are only billed for data roaming when you are using the network outside the U.S.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

pingpchamp wrote:

I'm just wondering what it means for my phone to be data roaming...if i enable data usage when data roaming, am I going to get an enormous bill in the mail from Verizon?  Or can i just use it regardless and its part of the data package i already pay for?  Thanks for your help. 

If you enable your Data Roaming capabilities and you are near the border with Canada or Mexico your phone will be able to (and will) pick up a wireless signal from a Canadian or Mexican wireless tower (if stronger than a signal from the US), which will cause you to incur Roaming charges.

Some customers enable this Data Roaming feature when near the border to improve the phone signal even if they incur some additional roaming charges when accessing international networks.

For a complete list of roaming rates, please visit the link below:

www.vzw.com/international

AntonioC_VZWSupport

0 Likes